Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new technique

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Morgan View Post
    I think it looks like something worth trying from 50/50. I generally hate 50/50, but end up there sometimes so need to work it. Starting to work on the armbar keenan Cornelius is getting from 50/50 and this move looks like it could be an option from that set up.
    With serious consideration, the move looks like it MIGHT work with the gi because you'll have something to pull the guy toward you.

But IMO, it's a bad idea for no gi unless you're playing with a brand spanking new guy or someone that you're much stronger than. In no gi it looks like it's too easy to snatch your wrist out of the attacker's grip and if he gets his leg over your head it looks easy to pop your head out. That's not factoring in sweat and the fact that 90% of your opponents will not volunteer to put themselves in that position. Not sure about others, but my game is based on the path of least resistance. Fighting for that submission seems a hell of a lot harder than just defending the heelhook while going for your own. This is my opinion though.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    That gif made my day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Hilfiker View Post
    This thread went from more or less pointless to batshit funny in a matter of 5 posts. the gif was hillarious Dave!
    Ha, every so often I get lucky.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123