Array

School
    Phuket Top Team

How To Deal With Gnarly Foot Sores?

I've been training a lot lately and my feet are getting really torn up.

Athletic tape peels off during class and the sores are near my toes both on the top and inner sides of my feet, so ankle sleeves wouldn't reach to cover them.

I disinfect and put neosporin on them after each class of course but I'm looking for a good way to cover them up completely because --

1. it's nasty looking and
    2. I don't want to roll with open sores on the mat, even if they're small.

Any suggestions for covering these bad boys up/preventing them?

Thanks

Array

School
    Ronin
    For covering up: try the gel blister pads with athletic tape over them, or try Yoga socks. Yoga socks are five toe socks with rubber gripper bottoms (if you can handle the ridicule )
    For day to day friction burns: I use Chapstick on the spots that get tore up by the tatami texture mats we've got, and it works if you put it on before your toe knuckles get too raw.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I use crazy glue to give me a hard plastic shell all over my open sores. They grind down over time but it buys me a enough time for my wounds to heal. I use it on my cuticles after my cuticle begins separating from the nail bed, on the top of my foot where i have a mat burn, and over a cut over my ankle so it won't get infected.

I can't get athletic tape to stick on longer than an hour but the crazy glue lasts for most of the training session.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    damn jiujitsu's fucking gross !!! When i see dudes with nasty skin shit i tell them to stay the fuck off my mats

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Are you posturing up alot on ur toes and then skimming across the mat is creating the friction burns? I dunno u might need to ask to wear socks for the short term to let it heal completely, and then alternate socks every other class. I had to start wearing knee pads cause my knees would grind down, and I added ankle sleeves for support/grip and calf sleeves for support/grip/minimize cramps.

Array

School
    BJJ India (Professor Rodrigo Teixeira BJJ)
    Quote Originally Posted by HerbChao View Post
    Are you posturing up alot on ur toes and then skimming across the mat is creating the friction burns? I dunno u might need to ask to wear socks for the short term to let it heal completely, and then alternate socks every other class. I had to start wearing knee pads cause my knees would grind down, and I added ankle sleeves for support/grip and calf sleeves for support/grip/minimize cramps.
    Thats what i do, and also it depends on the mat quality u r using.

Array

School
    no school in the area
    Quote Originally Posted by VicDorfman View Post
    I've been training a lot lately and my feet are getting really torn up.

Athletic tape peels off during class and the sores are near my toes both on the top and inner sides of my feet, so ankle sleeves wouldn't reach to cover them.

I disinfect and put neosporin on them after each class of course but I'm looking for a good way to cover them up completely because --

1. it's nasty looking and
    2. I don't want to roll with open sores on the mat, even if they're small.

Any suggestions for covering these bad boys up/preventing them?

Thanks

http://www.compeed.co.uk/compeed-footcare . Check out the link and buy these socks so you train !

antislip-sokken.jpg

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Hi Vic, just wear wrestling shoes. Sure, you'll be susceptible to foot locks, but it'll also up your defense.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    Hi Vic, just wear wrestling shoes. Sure, you'll be susceptible to foot locks, but it'll also up your defense.
    Agreed
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella