Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

the pilgrimage to HQ and rolling with GM Eddie for the first time

After trying to get there for almost a year I finally made it to HQ. After the starstruck thing calms down you see that everyone does go out of there way to make you feel like part of the family. I've been to a lot of gyms trained up at Couture's in Vegas but this was different. There is a feeling of being part of something bigger than just you or the team back home. I found it both exciting and humbling. I've had more than a few let downs in my life but meeting Eddie was not on of them. He's the real deal. A warm person, a gracious host and a genious in his chosen feild. Anyone who thinks he's past his prime needs to put in a little mat time with him. My words really can't do his talent justice. I think we still have his best work to look foreward to. I'm proud to to be some small part of this organization.
    Last edited by Brian Beaumont AKA Thor; 10-11-2010 at 09:57 PM.
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

having trouble with the vid its youtube "10th Planet Yuma at HQ"
    Last edited by Brian Beaumont AKA Thor; 10-11-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Nice Brian!!!
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Botello did an excellent job certifying you, keep up the hard work, it's great having solid people like you in the family
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Nice Japanese NT Eddie! Way to hang Brian!!!

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    I made the pilgrimage last summer! But never got to even see Eddie.... HQ was closed and having class at Burbank. Eddie's schedule was crazy F'ed up. But I did get to meet and play with alot of cool ass people. And I got to test Victor on the mat which was awesome. He is very good, and the first person in a long time that I couldn't tap right off the bat! He was incredibly strong and had great posture. I think we flowed the whole time, because we couldn't finish each other. I love training like that

I remember thinking "WOW I'm working rubberguard with the person who invented RG, hey this is getting tight I wonder if I should taaa......" out cold. See if you can see where then count out how fast he did it. Keep in mind I have good choke resistance. Didn't help. (I denied it of course because I didn't want to stop, I don't think I could see for the last 2 minutes) I also took home a very cool black eye from Joe Rogan. Hey anyone can bring a postcard from hollywood this was way cooler. The best part is knowing it was not a one time deal but hopefully a lifelong relatioship with a vey cool group of people.
    Last edited by Brian Beaumont AKA Thor; 10-12-2010 at 08:30 AM.

lol Brian. I have eaten some intense humble pie at HQ. No worries, just keep getting back there and bringing the experiences back to your students. Everyone wins that way.
    RW

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    start the video at 4:05 and watch Eddie swing from Perp Jiu Claw to the triangle. and i believe that's the first time i have seen anybody sleep from a teepee. smooth flow.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Nottingham
    great stuff brian. how much u weigh?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast