Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    If thats all he does with no sparring the first time hes in a real fight dudes in trouble, i trained wingchun for about 3 years and added some of the strikes into my boxing i feel its effective short strikes can be devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Glach View Post
    Yea unfortunately it's worthless when you're against more than one opponent. No one wants to be getting stomped in the face while finishing their triangle lol. That's why I like to train Muay Thai just as often as JJ. Plus striking is so satisfying for stress and anxiety relieve. Nothing like beating the shit out of a good heavy bag

This is incorrect. Grappling, isnt "just" pulling guard and going for armlocks. Its also RESISTING takedowns, throwing people on their heads, and throwing them into their pals.

Grappling, allows you to decide if you want to be on the ground in a real fight, its much more an asset than a liability.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    there both hitting people in the throat its a trick question.

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    This is incorrect. Grappling, isnt "just" pulling guard and going for armlocks. Its also RESISTING takedowns, throwing people on their heads, and throwing them into their pals.

Grappling, allows you to decide if you want to be on the ground in a real fight, its much more an asset than a liability.
    Exactly theres so much to jiujitsu on the feet it was made for multiple attackers to mane kill or cripple an opponent and move on to the next.

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    I really didn't count them as punches. More like closed fist slaps. Where's the hips, shoulders, or even weight transfer? Unless you were a pimp with a hundred hoes, I really don't see the point in all of it.
    theyre actually heel palms strikes and are more effective than punching because the area of impact is smaller and the heel of the palm is more dense than any punch that you could make with a fist. I would tell you to checkout youtube and search for kenpo karate as reference. I often ask my students which hurts worse, a punch or a slap, everyone of them will tell you that my slaps hurt way worse, because of the heel palm slap striking that I utilize. and I promise you that you will rarely hear of someone breaking their heel palm bone, whereas, boxer breaks happen frequently, just look at ultimate fighter this season there has been two fighters who have broken their hands punching.
    When you look up videos search for lord shandor on youtube, you find some crazy rock videos, but if they are still up, you will find one of the fastest kenpo guys known, blazing speed. good stuff. and AJ, try to be a little more open minded about the traditional arts, they have their good points too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post

Well yea obviously it helps, but it's definitely not enough to win you a street fight against multiple attackers, unless you're really truly elite, but thats just my opinion, maybe my jits just isnt at the skill level yet of being able to feel confident in a street fight but i make sure im constantly improving!

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    Well yea obviously it helps, but it's definitely not enough to win you a street fight against multiple attackers, unless you're really truly elite, but thats just my opinion, maybe my jits just isnt at the skill level yet of being able to feel confident in a street fight but i make sure im constantly improving!
    I train in Shizen Ryu Aiki Jiujitsu and randori for us is dealing with multiple attackers no running overhand chops like aikido but guys doing practical attacks punches, kicks, and takedowns, the purpose is to finish one opponent as quickly as possible and move on to the next no time for thinking just action. Jiu jitsu was initially created for the battle field one must be able to adapt to any situation. Royce Gracie showed the superiority of ground fighting in the early ufc's but a cage is still a controlled environment in the street anything can happen might as well prepare for the worst.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikijiujitsu View Post
    I train in Shizen Ryu Aiki Jiujitsu and randori for us is dealing with multiple attackers no running overhand chops like aikido but guys doing practical attacks punches, kicks, and takedowns, the purpose is to finish one opponent as quickly as possible and move on to the next no time for thinking just action. Jiu jitsu was initially created for the battle field one must be able to adapt to any situation. Royce Gracie showed the superiority of ground fighting in the early ufc's but a cage is still a controlled environment in the street anything can happen might as well prepare for the worst.
    Lol yea thanks for the history lesson but I'm well versed in the history of the Gracie family and I've seen every UFC 1-120. And yes I know Helio created the art in order to beat anyone on the street, but I'm being realistic. There's really no right or wrong answer in this argument, it's just your opinion vs mine.

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    Lol yea thanks for the history lesson but I'm well versed in the history of the Gracie family and I've seen every UFC 1-120. And yes I know Helio created the art in order to beat anyone on the street, but I'm being realistic. There's really no right or wrong answer in this argument, it's just your opinion vs mine.
    I'm just saying theres alot more to jiu jitsu than ground fighting wasnt giving a history lesson was pointing out even though Gracie showed the effectiveness of ground fighting in a cage its still a controlled environment theres so many variables in a street fight being able to adapt can mean life or death. If you dont train for multiple attackers no matter how great you are in bjj you might just get fucked up in a real fight dont get me wrong it may save your life. I may not be able to tap any high level guys in a bjj competition but i know i can do some serious damage and survive in a street fight. Last couple years i been really putting the effort to learn ground fighting so my jiujitsu can be more complete cause you never know so might as well be prepared.

NOTHING is enough to win against multiple attackers, not in a Guaranteed sense. As for truly elite, I dont know, a hip toss or two onto the concrete, and multiple attackers start to diminish. The single best asset you can have against multiple attackers is to not get engaged with one too long, and to stay standing. Grappling is what keeps us standing, not kickboxing/kenop/etc. Keeping the engagements short comes to your preferred method, whether its a hip toss/right cross/knee to the face. That sort of situation comes down to the individual, and it needs to be a lion vs Hyenas thing. If its lion vs Lions, well it will end bad for the solo person.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast