Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikijiujitsu View Post
    I'm just saying theres alot more to jiu jitsu than ground fighting wasnt giving a history lesson was pointing out even though Gracie showed the effectiveness of ground fighting in a cage its still a controlled environment theres so many variables in a street fight being able to adapt can mean life or death. If you dont train for multiple attackers no matter how great you are in bjj you might just get fucked up in a real fight dont get me wrong it may save your life. I may not be able to tap any high level guys in a bjj competition but i know i can do some serious damage and survive in a street fight. Last couple years i been really putting the effort to learn ground fighting so my jiujitsu can be more complete cause you never know so might as well be prepared.
    well, even if you train for multiple attackers, you are still going to get fucked up, unless you are picking fights with quartets of 6th graders. Like I said above, this sort of situation depends much more on physical prowess as much as training IMO. You will definitely need to be able to absorb some shots and have enough mustard to keep the blows to "one per customer". I am assuming we are talking about folks who really mean to hurt you, and not some fratboy type drunken brawl. People can practice all they want, but it will come down to you had better be a strong, tough, hard hitting S.O.B. who doesnt trip over the first goof ball tackling you, and even then it is going to come down to luck.

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    well, even if you train for multiple attackers, you are still going to get fucked up, unless you are picking fights with quartets of 6th graders. Like I said above, this sort of situation depends much more on physical prowess as much as training IMO. You will definitely need to be able to absorb some shots and have enough mustard to keep the blows to "one per customer". I am assuming we are talking about folks who really mean to hurt you, and not some fratboy type drunken brawl. People can practice all they want, but it will come down to you had better be a strong, tough, hard hitting S.O.B. who doesnt trip over the first goof ball tackling you, and even then it is going to come down to luck.
    Theres no luck to it but skill efficiency and execution no time for thinking just action you if you never been thru it then your just making assumptions i've put blood sweat and tears into this i've bled for this and im still here so i know it works for me.

Theres no luck to it but skill efficiency and execution no time for thinking just action you if you never been thru it then your just making assumptions i've put blood sweat and tears into this i've bled for this and im still here so i know it works for me.
    i have been through it, fighting multiple attackers. Not making assumptions. Making real life, past experience, observations.

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    i have been through it, fighting multiple attackers. Not making assumptions. Making real life, past experience, observations.
    You got your perception and i have mines being relaxed having good technique and being able to practically apply that technique will overcome strength and power anyday its all about combat effectiveness, Miyamoto Musashi wrote what is used to defeat 1 can be used to defeat 100.

You got your perception and i have mines being relaxed having good technique and being able to practically apply that technique will overcome strength and power anyday its all about combat effectiveness, Miyamoto Musashi wrote what is used to defeat 1 can be used to defeat 100.
    He was a master swordsman. With a sword, you are the things I said you have to have against multiple attackers.....tough as hell, prevent a close engagement, and keep the strikes to one per customer.........

As for overcoming strength and power, believe what ever you like. But if you get mobbed by 6 guys all bigger and stronger than you are, good luck, if they really intend to hurt you.

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    He was a master swordsman. With a sword, you are the things I said you have to have against multiple attackers.....tough as hell, prevent a close engagement, and keep the strikes to one per customer.........

As for overcoming strength and power, believe what ever you like. But if you get mobbed by 6 guys all bigger and stronger than you are, good luck, if they really intend to hurt you.
    I train in a traditional style of jiu jitsu space is the enemey being in the middle of the circle is a no no with multiple attackers we step in strike break balance look for a break or throw and move on to the next opponent. This is what we train for thats what randori helps you deal with not getting flustered or panicing being able to keep a clear mind and executing tecnique. Realistically am i going to fuck up 6 guys and walk through them like Tony Jaa in the protector with no weapon probably not but i feel i can survive and take pieces of them with me chins, shoulders, elbows, ect.... Jiujitsu was made for the battle field when a samurai lost his sword he needed to cripple, mane, or kill his opponent as fast as possible and get his hand on a weapon. I always have something on me cause you just never no better to be prepared for the worst and expect the best.

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    I really didn't count them as punches. More like closed fist slaps. Where's the hips, shoulders, or even weight transfer? Unless you were a pimp with a hundred hoes, I really don't see the point in all of it.
    lol love it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234