Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It was a no gi class so lots of those options were not available. I had an opportunity where I could've north south choked him but I'm not very confident in the north south choke because I haven't drilled it much, could that be a good move to try against a bigger guy? The neck crank and bicep slicer sound good but what are some good moves for a comp just say if a smaller guy decided to go in the abosulte division what sort of moves do you guys think us smaller guys should drill?

Array

School
    10th Planet Headquarters
    leg locks work best for big guys....

Array

School
    Charles Gracie Reno
    Against really big guys chokes can be hard because a lot of those guys have no necks. Triangles can be hard to get locked properly unless you have really long legs. I would probably go for leg locks on a dude who was that much bigger than me, but if you can get on top against a dude that big it's usually preferable because then they get tired quicker. A lot of times I'll get armbars when big dudes just try to power out of a bad position without using technique. The swimmove is good when someone tries to power out from being mounted.

Array

School
    Central Illinois Combat Club
    I dont usually go for north south choke on big guys but find the position of north south to work great for control.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12