Page 8 of 248 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Next Generation Ballymena / 10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Expect the stack, embrace it, it's part of the game. Patience is the key. A foot on the hip can relieve the pressure
    , just don't panic and wait for the right angle to advance, force it if you have to.

I plan on hitting 10th Planet Glasgow on my next UK tour this summer

Cheers Eddie! Definitely seems like the embracing of and patience while being crushed/pressured is key, especially in Rubber Guard and Lockdown.

May have to make the flight across to Glasgow then.

May as well ask one more lol. Why do you think lockdown hasnt caught on for mma? I train at an mma gym and basically no one has a good offensive half guard at all, really does pain me.

Array

School
    Moonhead at 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Bergen, Norway
    Regarding Leg Locks, how often do you catch them and whats your goto regarding this? Calf Crush from the Truck? Also which instructor in your opinion has the most valid/complete leglock game for MMA, if any particular.. I've been studying Gokor`s Leglock encyclopedia for some time, do you know any other good sources like this?

Best regards Frode Nilsen
    Bergen Cagefighters

chris miah

What is your opinion makes a complete MMA fighter?

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Have you heard of the Raver Roll? Ron Turner taught when I was in Costa Mesa and it was a legit back take from Twister Side Control, if so what is your take on it?

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Do you feel that some of your music would be good in a movie .Similar to what Italian rock band Goblin have done over the years .
    If so , what songs in what movies .

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul McKeown View Post
    Cheers Eddie! Definitely seems like the embracing of and patience while being crushed/pressured is key, especially in Rubber Guard and Lockdown.

May have to make the flight across to Glasgow then.

May as well ask one more lol. Why do you think lockdown hasnt caught on for mma? I train at an mma gym and basically no one has a good offensive half guard at all, really does pain me.
    Perfect DU's lockdown IMO is a great position for Mma, and a lot safer than trad. half and Z guard. Lockdown half is easier to play in Mma as well, getting perfect DU's is easier when ur opponent is striking. But in grappling it's harder to play, harder to get the lockdown & harder to get perfect DU's. So while grappling without strikes people tend to play the game that's easier to implement so that game is what they naturally go to in Mma
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

Follow me on twitter @eddiebravo

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Listen to my music soundcloud.com/eddie-bravo

Join 10p on facebook.com/10thplanetjj

Click on EVENTS for upcoming seminars and comedy dates

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Frode Nilsen View Post
    Regarding Leg Locks, how often do you catch them and whats your goto regarding this? Calf Crush from the Truck? Also which instructor in your opinion has the most valid/complete leglock game for MMA, if any particular.. I've been studying Gokor`s Leglock encyclopedia for some time, do you know any other good sources like this?

Best regards Frode Nilsen
    Bergen Cagefighters
    I'm not considered a leg lock guy but 2 of my go2's are the calf crank from the truck and the vaporizor. Plus I hit the crippler off the Hail Mary mount escape often too. I used to be a mad toe hold guy as a blue belt but gave that up once it failed on me in competition. I felt it wasn't 100% adrenaline proof like chokes were so I moved away from it. I suck at 50/50, traditional heel hooks and I'm a white belt at knee bars. So I'm not sure what you'd call me, a calf cranker??

I think Gokor, Erik Paulson and Herzog are all outstanding leg lockers and teachers. There are obviously a whole bunch of leg lock masters out there but these 3 are ones I know for sure know their shit

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by chris miah View Post
    What is your opinion makes a complete MMA fighter?
    Dangerous striking, solid wrestling, and good all around Jitz. Plus a good work ethic, a killer instinct and heart

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Have you heard of the Raver Roll? Ron Turner taught when I was in Costa Mesa and it was a legit back take from Twister Side Control, if so what is your take on it?
    Yes, I have video of Scarry Karey from 10pcm doing the raver rolls from about 4 different entries. I got exposed to it when I taught a seminar there last December. Insane stuff, it blew me away. Can't wait to see how it looks in competition.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Thompson View Post
    Do you feel that some of your music would be good in a movie .Similar to what Italian rock band Goblin have done over the years .
    If so , what songs in what movies .
    Dropped & Are You Ready? were in Never Back Down 2, so yeah I think my music could be in movies, I think any good music can fit into a movie. I think Creeping Death by Metallica and Necrophiliac by Slayer should be in 300 type movies right as 2 forces are about to collide in battle. I also think the Temple Of Mir song "it hurts to breath" could be in the new cheech and Chong movie

Page 8 of 248 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast