Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 340
  1. #11
    Chris Herzog's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Location
    Rochester, Ny
    Posts
    7,346
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentSmith View Post
    What are your view points on the toe hold?
    Oh I dig'em, and hit them often. I just favor the straight ankle lock.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com



    Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

  2. #12
    Chris Herzog's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Location
    Rochester, Ny
    Posts
    7,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    Lol
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com



    Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

  3. #13
    Eddie Bravo's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet HQ
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    Sean is a coral belt in meme-kune-do
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

    Follow me on twitter @eddiebravo

    SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

    Listen to my music soundcloud.com/eddie-bravo

    Join 10p on facebook.com/10thplanetjj

    Click on EVENTS for upcoming seminars and comedy dates

  4. #14
    Andrew "Chewie" James's Avatar
    Array

    School
    Ronin
    Location
    Adelaide, SA
    Posts
    370
    I find a lot of success with the straight ankle lock, especially when guys just have their leg dangling there whilst playing open guards.
    Facebook, Twitter check yourself before you wreck yourself.

    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Pheonix00789
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pheonix_00789
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/phoenix_00789

  5. #15
    Brent Smith's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Location
    Medford, OR
    Posts
    5,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Oh I dig'em, and hit them often. I just favor the straight ankle lock.
    What position would you say is the best place to hit a tight Toe Hold? Seems like the ones Ive seen you are attacking the free leg like from Z guard or 5050. I would assume the toe holds off a kneebar would be tighter...?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

  6. #16
    Mike Dewitt Jr's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Location
    Springfield OR
    Posts
    1,797
    Straight ankle lock gets me a lot of taps.

  7. #17

    Array

    School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Posts
    723
    I love attacking the legs! I use tons of compression locks on the legs. Ham sandwiches to turkey wraps, I'm all over the lunch submissions! Lol.
    I really think the knot is the best control position, for me at least. I love kneebars too though!

    The straight ankle has so many variations and levels.. Whew. That could be a whole thread in itself, as could each of these subs really..

  8. #18
    Brent Smith's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Location
    Medford, OR
    Posts
    5,843
    Been using the ham sandwich to sweep but havent really looked at getting the sub. People dont fight the sweep because they feel the tension on their knee.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

  9. #19
    Chris Herzog's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Location
    Rochester, Ny
    Posts
    7,346
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentSmith View Post
    What position would you say is the best place to hit a tight Toe Hold? Seems like the ones Ive seen you are attacking the free leg like from Z guard or 5050. I would assume the toe holds off a kneebar would be tighter...?
    For me its off a kneebar, but I hit a good amount of rolling toe holds, from jiu claw, and off of a Judo side triangle. It's one of those very versatle submissions that can be hit from almost everywhere.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com



    Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

  10. #20
    Brent Smith's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Location
    Medford, OR
    Posts
    5,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    For me its off a kneebar, but I hit a good amount of rolling toe holds, from jiu claw, and off of a Judo side triangle. It's one of those very versatle submissions that can be hit from almost everywhere.
    Ive had both my ankles jacked up from being too stubborn to tap from them in a tournament. Im hoping if I can start hitting them then maybe I wont get caught in them.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •