Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Akron, Ohio. Predator bjj

Trying to improve flexibility

Hey everyone, new to 10th planet here. And I was wonder if any body had any specific flexibility "drills" or anything for rubber guard. I am decently flexible, I don't have really any problems putting rubber guard on someone, but I do have trouble with them posturing up. So if anyone can touch on that is well, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you all.

one of my favorite stretches is the full lotus stretch. However, that position does take time to achieve, so I recommend any stretches that targets the hips and the hamstrings. One I do a lot is the butterfly stretch (will help with double bag) and the half lotus (put one right near your hip and let the other leg lie flat). Those are my favorites that have helped me become more flexible. Hope this helps

Array

School
    How often should I stretch, once a day? Twice a day?

all day, any time, i like to stretch while watching MTS... there's also some good stretches at the beginning of Eddies Rubber Guard book

Array

School
    I was going to buy the dvd, is it in the DVD as well?

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Any hip opening stretches are good. I've always stretched, but I thought 30secs to one min. was good enough. We recently started doing stretches in crossfit(yea it sounds crazy), but we hold the positions for three minutes at a time and sometimes come back to the same position again and hold for another three. We started doing that a week ago and I definitely have noticed a differece. That half lotus is awesome. :-)
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    Cool, thanks everybody! ����

Array

School
    10th Planet Oceanside
    Flexibility is obviously nice, it makes things way easier, but im a bigger guy who isnt too flexible, and the trick to rubber guard for me is getting on my side. If i try to do rubber guard squared up, theres almost no chance for me to pul it off unless the dude has a really tiny torso.

For me practicing meathook, and that position, helped me to understand the angle best used for rubber guard. hope that helps

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Stretch as often as you can, flexibility doesn't get better with age unless your working on it. Make sure to get warm first. A few jumping jacks, push ups, or body squats will help. As far as the issue with posturing just continue to practice. The more you use your rubber guard the better it will get. Also, work your leg squeeze with a large exercise ball. Having strong leg curls and knee squeeze ability will help with people posturing. Good luck!

Array

School
    HQ
    https://youtu.be/qeA9Z76deDo?t=20m27s

I've been doing these for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast