Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Oh I should add that both Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann are available on NETFLIX!

I consider Kill la Kill to be the best cartoon ever made. It is a complete masterpiece. I know its hard for average people to get past the semi-nude way the characters are drawn (although I still don't understand why) but TRUST ME on this. Kill la Kill has my vote for all-time greatest cartoon as a complete package.

Gurren Lagann was made by most of the same people at another studio before they broke off on their own and formed studio TRIGGER of Kill la Kill. Gurren Lagann is still my personal favorite even though Kill la Kill surpassed it in quality. The main character Kamina was the biggest inspiration in my life to start working out and getting in shape and eventually finding martial arts!

Fuck taking acid and doing bjj. Do lsd and listen to some sabbath.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAOLINMONK View Post
    Fuck taking acid and doing bjj. Do lsd and listen to some sabbath.
    Why lol you scared?

And I sort of feel you on the Sabbath. I was really into them when I was like 13 (lol).

War Pigs is one of the all time best classic rock songs for sure I will give you that.

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Prawly not a good idea to roll on x though.

Quote Originally Posted by JHouse View Post
    Prawly not a good idea to roll on x though.
    lmao I feel that

Coincidentally had my first M experiences this year also. California livin' I guess lol.

waaaat aaap 10p

I just returned from an an unreal one week excursion to San Jose... tripping figuratively and literally (lol)... spent the majority of my time at AKA American Kickboxing Academy for striking/grappling in the morning and striking/grappling at night for 5 days. I have done this every year for the past 3 years but this time all eyes were on me. Truthfully, it feels like I went to war for 10p and Coach Eddie (lol). The shit was not easy. They are huge on Gi training and while they are great with intense drilling, they focus very little on live rolls.

For me personally though, it was one of biggest leaps in personal growth I have made in my entire life, if not the biggest. It was the first time I got an actual taste of celebrity status. I got to experience the intense love from true fans and the intense hate of true haters. It was like the entire gym was divided against me, but over the 5 days I slowly proved that I have more heart and determination than most of the professional fighters at the gym. On my last night the BJJ class was fucking PACKED... even D.C. came upstairs to watch! (the less popular 1 hour no-gi class had just ended and the Gi students were filing in)

(okay I will be honest about the next part, DC made a comment about how I was brining down the vibe of the room, which was probably just a jab because I am actually one of the most inspiring figures most people have ever met, and DC and I actually share this trait. People like him, Cain, Rockhold and myself are the ones at the gym morning, night, and on on Saturdays/Sundays grinding HARD for hours and hours. There have been many Saturdays/Sundays where the only people in the entire gym are Coach Javier, DC, myself and maybe some goon in the weight room (lol).

Now mind you I am almost always completely blasted on pot edibles while training. I would describe my fighting style as otherworldly at this point. Of course, this makes you hyper-aware or "paranoid" and while my intuition is almost always freakishly on-point, I do misread social queues sometimes. I guess I thought DC did not want me upstairs training BJJ so I went downstairs to hit the bag like a primal savage beast and ended up spraining my ankle throwing southpaw left round-kicks from hell. I hopped around a little then kept working and working and went to another room right under the BJJ room to start shooting and sprawling wrestling drills. It was my last night at AKA I was not going to stop until I died. (lots of people and pros noticed that I hurt my ankle and kept going while felt good, also mind you I am feeling watched on the cameras everywhere I go because the front desk ladies love me and of course Coach Javier is curious about our style because of Tony) I started getting the vibe that people wanted me to go back upstairs so I did. I put on one of the BJJ performances of my life for a crowd of maybe 80 people including the future greatest fighter of all time (when he beats Stipe). To their surprise I rarely went for leg locks and swept, passed, smashed and mimicked ground-n-pound and still managed to put on a lockdown, truck and rubber guard clinic.

...after class I did some squat jumps and hung on a bar till exhaustion, then tried a few explosive pushups and tapped the mat and realized it was the first time I tapped in the entire visit LOL. (mind you I had rolled with some massive dudes and experienced pro fighters, but most of the brown belts and black belts wanted nothing to do with me. I think they were afraid because I am a white belt... which makes no sense to me because I could give a shit about belts, I just want to roll and figure out who is better. Belts mean nothing to me but for some reason they mean everything to everybody else. Weird. I guess a black belt would be fairly cool though, I admit.

Oh yea and the best part for me is during this final performance I was rocking Coach Eddies walkout shirt from Metamoris lol! Legendary shirt, bros. DC was cheering me on watching my every move! "LETS GO EDDIE BRAVO!" lmao! I was holding handstands after class and he was yelling "Thats my dude!" ...haha, one of the best moments of my whole life. I consider D.C. the true champion of the planet and possibly the GOAT when he beats Stipe. (to the elephant in the room, if you lose your belt for goofing off are you really a champion?) On my way out I had a fairly deep conversation with Coach Javier.

Oh yea and while I had killed off my L S D a few weeks back, I had some psilocybe mushrooms with me and ate some before training some of the days I was there, but of course was deep into the pot edibles every day. For some reason mushrooms make me the most fearful of these three. I still maintained control and went to class anyway. The shit is so difficult it really feels like rolling with King Kong in 1967 Vietnam Jungle.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Stick to microdosing, level 1 and level 2 trips at most, if you are trying to improve on your muscle memory and timing. Level 3-5 trips typically won't help improve your physical performance. Mushrooms have shown the greatest benifit to performance but light does of LSD are beneficial as well. Stay safe out there.

fuck doing harder drugsbe fore class pay attention to the teacher shrooms dont do anything positive for class

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast