Thread: Where to begin?

Where to begin?

Hi,

Im a new member and signed up to learn some techniques from 10th planet. I'm a bit confused as there is ALOT of content in the technique videos. How do you suggest I digest it all? Right now I'm using the approach of taking the technique from the video title, then going straight to it in the video. Is this a good way to learn?

Thanks in advance

Array

School
    Ronin
    Maybe start with one of the 10P systems like half guard, rubber guard, truck etc. Another idea or one you can do at the same time is learn the warm ups. Also the MTS videos are very good.

Array

School
    Los Angeles Downtown HQ
    Jump in at the latest episode and work your way backwards. focus on learning the warmup system. search for terms as you learn about them. enjoy it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Start with the warm up flows. Once you've mastered those your question will have been answered
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

I have a similar question...I've been watching the most recent videos, and Eddie keeps mentioning to practice E B I O T; when he speaks of this, is it referring to those warm-ups?

Array

School
    Los Angeles Downtown HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_Lynch View Post
    I have a similar question...I've been watching the most recent videos, and Eddie keeps mentioning to practice E B I O T; when he speaks of this, is it referring to those warm-ups?
    EBI OT are the overtime rounds you see in EBI and Combat Jiu Jitsu tournaments. Eddie is saying that its important to practice back and spiderweb attack and defense. it makes a huge difference. even white belts have great defense after several months of OT rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1cGTSILnVM