Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Alien invasion... head to africa, aint no way the aliens make it passed any South African border, they will be hi jacked immediately!! ever seen a spaceship on bricks?

You guys do however need to make plans for garage warriors like myself in the rest of the world learning and repping the system. travel plans etc... i reckon the tournament will be the best idea. as i can then fool the wife into coming all the way to the states and spending a years salary on travel arrangements.... then if nothing happens-NO WORRIES>

Also something to consider are firearms and vehicles as well as food and fuel being stockpiled at strategic points along the various routes to the final destination. logistically it means lighter and thus quicker travel. as well as assurance against theft and damage. self replenishing supply chain.

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Ok this is what people should have ready and bring with them.

Rifle, at least 1000 rounds of ammo.
    Shotgun 12 gauge, 500 rounds
    Pistol (Depending On State Laws) 500 rounds ammo
    Silencer For Rifle Or Pistol (Again Depending On State Law)
    Compound Or Crossbow, 150 Bolts . ( Know how to shoot it by the time you get to Denver )
    Edged Weapon, Katana Sword, Machette, or something along those lines.
    2 Folding Knives, Smooth 6-8 inch Blades.
    Night Vision Goggels or Binoculars
    Gas Mask, Cheap Any army surplus store. I paid 8 bucks for mine.
    Winter Gear, Clothing suited for mountin climbing, Set of snowshoes would also be a good idea.
    Medical Kit, Make sure it includes field surgery kit. Throw a sewing kit in with it, make sure to include nylon thread.
    Antibiotics, As much as you can stockpile. Will be worth it weight in gold in the aftermath.
    Mutipurpose Tool, We have all seen them. Size of pocket knife, have pliers screwdriver etc built in.
    2 Mag Style Flashlights.
    Pack Of Chenical Light Sticks
    Iodine And/Or Water Purification Tablets
    2 Sets Of Earplugs
    Toothbrush, A Bad Tooth Can Kill You In Aftermath.
    Gortex sleeping bag with waterproof outer shell
    Endless Match Or Good Supply Of Waterproof Match's
    Backpack, Well made, able to handle all your gear

If I have left anything out, Please add to it. We should find a place when we have a complete list to store to so we can refer back to it as a ck list

Stay tuned I am working on list of things I think we need at the 10Th Planet shelter, Will post later today.
    Last edited by Conner MACHINE Gibbons; 01-16-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    I am pretty sure I got everything for tactical medicine. I'm sure I can kit everyone out with an individual first aid kits with everything they will need for immediate trauma management(tourniquet, hemcon bandage, kerlix, ace wrap, tape, IV start kit with saline lock, ace wrap, ascherman's chest seal). As far as surgical stuff...I can perform a few basic procedures but I know a few doctors in my unit that train BJJ and would be willing to join in. I can train up front line medics to support patrols and any assault or counter-assault operations. I can get in contact with some buddies already stationed at Fort Carson, CO. They could work from the inside and get things set up...kinda like an advanced party. I also know quite a few military helicopter pilots that can fly different flight platforms(more than one of them are 10PJJ fans and champion muay thai fighters).

I could train guys/gals in basic infantry tactics, small unit tactics, air-assault, basic airborne operations, weapons handling, and so on. Too easy.

Typing all this has made me realize how much money Uncle Sam has invested in me...let the end times begin!!!!

So, Eddie...I got the medical thing covered!

My units motto: "Do No Harm/Do Know Harm"

Array

School
    Indie/Suffolk MMA/ Combat Sports and Fitness Center
    Here's my humble opinion, well not really an opinion, just another possiblity that I thought of while tripping on mushrooms. (the old fashioned Terrence McKenna way. Eat 7 grams and sit in a dark ass room alone, with no noise or light.) We all know about peak oil. Dr. Hubbert theorized that peak oil production was in 1971 I believe, and that oil production will completely stop by 2025-2030. Everything we have today comes from oil. EVERYTHING from cheetos, to your car, to your computer, to your MMA gloves. It all comes from oil, and without oil we have nothing. Well everything we make from oil can be made from Hemp. The Mayan's say 2012 will be the end of life as we know it. What if 2012 is when the government finaly realizes oil isnt the way to go, and they legalize MJ. It will be the end of the "Oil Age" and consequently the end of life as we know it. That is what i hope happens, and sounds very possible.

Now in case of a disaster we need to have all areas covered. We dont know exactly what will happen so we have to be prepared for anything. First thing is surviving whatever disaster hits. As we do not know what that will be, we cannot get into specifics on that. Now after the disaster, the most important skill to have is the ability to be self sufficient. It doesnt matter how much gas you have stored, it WILL RUN OUT. You have to be able to live witout gasoline, and we cannot depend on the government to help us. They will only be worried about their own asses. Just look at what happened after Katrina, or the Valdise. Now it is highly probable that Government offials will be in Denver, but I can guarantee that the majority of them will be held up at Iron Mountain. Just North of Pitsburg PA. Now in the begining while we still have gasoline, we can use it for 2 primary needs, Travel and Electricity. Electricity should be kept to a minimum consumption. Only used for minimal lighting and to Operate Civil Broadcast units. The communiy CB channel should be channel 10, of coarse. 10 lo will be perfect. THE UNIVERSAL CB CHANNEL FOR ALL OF US SHOULD BE CHANNEL 10. that way anyone out there can spam the CB to check for survivors. If we run out of gas, or a solar flare knock's out all civil broadcasting abilities then i guess we wont have to worry about that. So the only other tool we have to locate ech other is to determine a specific place. Once again we have to think about sustainability. SUSTAINABILITY WILL BE THE THE KEY FACTOR IN SURVUVAL! The best place would be one with low population count, fairly stable weather, a large growing period for plants, and access to fresh untainted water. Lets tackle these one at a time. Low Population count would mean a rural area. Low pop areas will likely have more survivors do to lack of pollution, an the ability to band together in small comunities. Small towns already have a since of commradory in them. I know this becuse I have lived in one most of my life. OUR AREA HAS TO BE RURAL! Fairly stable weather is another major factor. We arent gonna want to deal with Tornadoes or Hurricanes. We will have enough on our plate as it is. That narrows out Tornado Alley, southern Coasts, and Tropical areas. That leaves Only somewhere on the Rockies or Appalachians, or up North around New England or Oregon/Washington. Now the freshest water comes from mountain streams. Small mountain streams will be the least affected water source during a disaster. So that narrows out New England and Oregon/Washington. Now I know that there are tons of fresh water sources in thoughs areas, but I believe that they will become toxic or polluted much easier than the crisp clean mountain springs and streams. That leaves us with only two possible places. The Southern Rockies, or the Southern Appalachians. Now the last requirment is probably the most important. Long growing cycles for plants. NOBODY CAN BE SELF SUFFICIENT IF THEY CANNOT GROW ENOUGH FOOD TO FEED THEMSELVES! The Southern appalachians growing season is from late March to early November. Climate has mild winters compared to the Rockies, and can support a wider variety of farmable plants and fruit trees. The Rockies growing season is mid May to Early November, the winters are colder, and the environment isnt as lush and plentiful. So that leaves us with one place. The southern Appalachian Mountains. The area around East Tennessee, Southern North Carolina and Northern Georgia is the best place that I have found. Mount Mitchell, NC is the Highest point on the East Coast too, so that is an added bonus. Now I have the organic growing down. I grow my own produce with no oil by products. Any other Green Thumbs are welcome. The more hands in the field the marrier. I believe MOUNT MITCHELL WILL BE OUR BEST MEETING POINT. From there we can figure out the best location to start a small self suffient community. That is the only way a small mass of people will be abe to survive.

Sorry about the long ass post, but I have given alot of thought into this. PM me if you want any personal info such as phone numbers and ect.
    Last edited by Brandon Jeffries; 01-16-2011 at 12:14 PM.

Dustin C.

Don't forget about the other basic need, lube haha

Array

School
    Ronin
    Lol my friends and I thought of fortifying a costco aswell but thats better for zombies not if the military wants you. staying away from beautiful yellowstone is always a good Idea. I always thought learning to live off the land would be the best skills to have that way you could peace off into the woods/mountains when shit goes down. I think Im going to head to the Rockies. I like your post Brandon and it would be nice to see the oil age pass but some will fight hard to keep it going.
    Last edited by Stephan Pepin; 01-16-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Jeffries View Post
    Here's my humble opinion, well not really an opinion, just another possiblity that I thought of while tripping on mushrooms. (the old fashioned Terrence McKenna way. Eat 7 grams and sit in a dark ass room alone, with no noise or light.) We all know about peak oil. Dr. Hubbert theorized that peak oil production was in 1971 I believe, and that oil production will completely stop by 2025-2030. Everything we have today comes from oil. EVERYTHING from cheetos, to your car, to your computer, to your MMA gloves. It all comes from oil, and without oil we have nothing. Well everything we make from oil can be made from Hemp. The Mayan's say 2012 will be the end of life as we know it. What if 2012 is when the government finaly realizes oil isnt the way to go, and they legalize MJ. It will be the end of the "Oil Age" and consequently the end of life as we know it. That is what i hope happens, and sounds very possible.

Now in case of a disaster we need to have all areas covered. We dont know exactly what will happen so we have to be prepared for anything. First thing is surviving whatever disaster hits. As we do not know what that will be, we cannot get into specifics on that. Now after the disaster, the most important skill to have is the ability to be self sufficient. It doesnt matter how much gas you have stored, it WILL RUN OUT. You have to be able to live witout gasoline, and we cannot depend on the government to help us. They will only be worried about their own asses. Just look at what happened after Katrina, or the Valdise. Now it is highly probable that Government offials will be in Denver, but I can guarantee that the majority of them will be held up at Iron Mountain. Just North of Pitsburg PA. Now in the begining while we still have gasoline, we can use it for 2 primary needs, Travel and Electricity. Electricity should be kept to a minimum consumption. Only used for minimal lighting and to Operate Civil Broadcast units. The communiy CB channel should be channel 10, of coarse. 10 lo will be perfect. THE UNIVERSAL CB CHANNEL FOR ALL OF US SHOULD BE CHANNEL 10. that way anyone out there can spam the CB to check for survivors. If we run out of gas, or a solar flare knock's out all civil broadcasting abilities then i guess we wont have to worry about that. So the only other tool we have to locate ech other is to determine a specific place. Once again we have to think about sustainability. SUSTAINABILITY WILL BE THE THE KEY FACTOR IN SURVUVAL! The best place would be one with low population count, fairly stable weather, a large growing period for plants, and access to fresh untainted water. Lets tackle these one at a time. Low Population count would mean a rural area. Low pop areas will likely have more survivors do to lack of pollution, an the ability to band together in small comunities. Small towns already have a since of commradory in them. I know this becuse I have lived in one most of my life. OUR AREA HAS TO BE RURAL! Fairly stable weather is another major factor. We arent gonna want to deal with Tornadoes or Hurricanes. We will have enough on our plate as it is. That narrows out Tornado Alley, southern Coasts, and Tropical areas. That leaves Only somewhere on the Rockies or Appalachians, or up North around New England or Oregon/Washington. Now the freshest water comes from mountain streams. Small mountain streams will be the least affected water source during a disaster. So that narrows out New England and Oregon/Washington. Now I know that there are tons of fresh water sources in thoughs areas, but I believe that they will become toxic or polluted much easier than the crisp clean mountain springs and streams. That leaves us with only two possible places. The Southern Rockies, or the Southern Appalachians. Now the last requirment is probably the most important. Long growing cycles for plants. NOBODY CAN BE SELF SUFFICIENT IF THEY CANNOT GROW ENOUGH FOOD TO FEED THEMSELVES! The Southern appalachians growing season is from late March to early November. Climate has mild winters compared to the Rockies, and can support a wider variety of farmable plants and fruit trees. The Rockies growing season is mid May to Early November, the winters are colder, and the environment isnt as lush and plentiful. So that leaves us with one place. The southern Appalachian Mountains. The area around East Tennessee, Southern North Carolina and Northern Georgia is the best place that I have found. Mount Mitchell, NC is the Highest point on the East Coast too, so that is an added bonus. Now I have the organic growing down. I grow my own produce with no oil by products. Any other Green Thumbs are welcome. The more hands in the field the marrier. I believe MOUNT MITCHELL WILL BE OUT BEST MEETING POINT. From there we can figure out the best location to start a small self suffient community. That is the only way a small mass of people will be abe to survive.

Sorry about the long ass post, but I have given alot of thought into this. PM me if you want any personal info such as phone numbers and ect.
    YOU ATE 7 GRAMS!!!!!!!!!! WTF sir my hat is off to you and i only have half of the machine's list best get to stock piling.............. if some body brings a gi to this shin dig i will be most disappointed

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    10th Planet St.paul!

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    'They' are monitoring this thread!

Array

School
    Indie/Suffolk MMA/ Combat Sports and Fitness Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Lawrence View Post
    YOU ATE 7 GRAMS!!!!!!!!!! WTF sir my hat is off to you and i only have half of the machine's list best get to stock piling.............. if some body brings a gi to this shin dig i will be most disappointed
    Yes sir, I eat 7 grams about every month haha. It's intense, but i learn alot about myself, and I get shown many many things

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast