Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!

What's the best website to order grappling gear?

I'm sure this has been asked before but I didn't feel like scouring the forum for the answer, so I very much appreciate your responses...

I've recently budgeted $500 to spend on Jiu Jitsu gear + tournament fees, so I'm curious what website you guys think has the best quality gear for the best prices? I'd like to keep about $150-200 aside for tournament fees so my budget for gear is basically $300-$350. Also, there is a local MMA store about 10 minutes from my house that I'm going to go check out, but I'm not sure what kind of clothing/gear they have or what the prices are, I'm assuming ordering online will be cheaper.

Things I definitely need to buy: (I already have a 10th planet rash guard and patch ordered thru the Woolseys)
    -Ankle & knee sleeves
    -1 long sleeved rash guard
    -1 short sleeved rash guard
    -2 pairs of grappling shorts
    -1 pair of long-legged compression shorts w/ cup
    -1 pair of short-legged compression shorts w/ cup
    -Custom mouth guard
    -Defense soap
    -Headgear

Things I would like to buy if I have any cash leftover: (I'll probably need to save up some more before I can buy any of these)
    -Grappling dummy
    -Heavy bag (hanging with its own stand, medium fiber fill, leather canvas, 80lbs)
    -Kettle bell set

If you guys think I'm missing any of the basic necessities, let me know!

Also, if you don't know of a good website to share, but you know which brands are better than others I could use that info too, because I'm pretty clueless which companies have the best quality gear. As of now I only have 1 set of grappling clothes and I'm getting sick of doing laundry every day lol.

Thanks for the help!

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    You can get a great boil and bite with graphics for like 30 bucks from JAWZZ.com or fightdentist.com. I have like 5 of them. its the official mouthguard of the ufc. OTM should have everything else very inexpensive or you could go on mmawarehouse.com

Array

School
    11th Dimension
    -Ankle & knee sleeves... I use knee n ankle braces from ace bandages.
    -1 long sleeved rash guard...walmart by starter. $10
    -1 short sleeved rash guard...same^
    -2 pairs of grappling shorts... 10th planet
    -1 pair of long-legged compression shorts w/ cup....wtf never heard of that.
    -1 pair of short-legged compression shorts w/ cup....walmart $10
    -Custom mouth guard...I don't even use one.
    -Defense soap....Your not fully clean unless your Zest fully clean
    -Headgear....Duck-tape?
    -GI.... Atama website. gold weave.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Walmart does have some great gear when youre on a budget

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Morency View Post
    -Ankle & knee sleeves... I use knee n ankle braces from ace bandages.
    -1 long sleeved rash guard...walmart by starter. $10
    -1 short sleeved rash guard...same^
    -2 pairs of grappling shorts... 10th planet
    -1 pair of long-legged compression shorts w/ cup....wtf never heard of that.
    -1 pair of short-legged compression shorts w/ cup....walmart $10
    -Custom mouth guard...I don't even use one.
    -Defense soap....Your not fully clean unless your Zest fully clean
    -Headgear....Duck-tape?
    -GI.... Atama website. gold weave.
    Thanks for the advice, i'll definitely check out walmart for some cheap deals... the long-legged compression shorts are what aoki wears. And I already have a GI.

dont muck around budovideos mate sell all that and more

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Yeah, I went to Academy sports store for my rashguards/basic shorts/knee sleeves/ankle sleeves. If you want a nice pair of fight shorts just shop around. Meleefightgear.com is awesome, ebay.com is also another winner. For my earguards I went to eastbay.com and got the brutes, which I HIGHLY recommend. As far as top quality products, it's taken me 2 years to accumulate a decent selection of high end gear and I'm still in the process of building my striking gear.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    title mma is where i got my ankle sleeves for 10 bucks

under armour for calf sleeves on Amazon.com

knee pads you want Asics Wrestler Gel knee pads

shorts are your preference

best non custom mouth guard on the planet is the shockdoctor gel nano...I own one and it's freaking amazing. no need for the 60-100 dollar custom with this

best compression short cup combo is to make your own. Champion makes great and well priced compression shorts, and my top pick for cup and strap is the Shock Doctor.

Headgear for JJ is hands down the Brute Quad III or the Brute Shockwave Adult *which is no longer being made so good luck finding it*

Walmart's 10 dollar rash guards are a steal by Starter like Brian said

And for the GI, I'd go with one of the light or ultra light ones, unless you like feeling like you're in a sauna suit while grappling. I think Koral makes a very highly rated light gi, but I don't roll in a gi so I can't tell you by 1st hand experience.

jiujitsuprogear.com
    mmawarehouse.com
    and budovideos.com
    everything u want and more on those sites

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    for general bjj www.budovideos.com support budo jake!

for wrestling gear www.matmanwrestling.com good price for good quality as far as im aware

for muay thai gear www.fightstuffglobal.com though you can get the same gear elsewhere, the guy that runs it is cool. as long as its top king..

if you need a gi.. i got 2for1 from here www.redstarbjj.com they're alright.. though you cant go wrong with www.matrat.us
    or if you want to blow a bunch of money iv heard luckygi is offering free shipping atm www.myluckygi.com