Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    I can bet if Nick didnt have to deal with all the politics and BS of MMA just like people hate to deal with stuff at their own jobs it would be a much different story ,and as for condit he is without a doubt great fighter but Im sorry even anderson silva will have some epicly boring fights just to win by points and he definetly got called out for it ,when alot of people know you can do much better than "circle away" which sorry I didnt know was turning completely around and not even face your opponent , than yeah your gonna get called for it but if your a randy couture fighter we all know thats your gameplan and your great at it just like when Chael took down anderson sure he would at times hold him down but thats his game so no one really ragged him.

tldr; condit is a much better fighter than what he showed and pulled a silva to win by points

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    He might not know what he wants to do with all the extra free time if he isnt training

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    Condit said in the press conference that his punches didnt have much power and werent an issue. obviously its not an aldo kick but 68 legs kicks even with some power over 5 rounds will mess you up. and to say nick was unfazed by them just because he kept moving forward doesnt mean anything. cyborg kicked him even harder and nick still moved forward, but he switched stances like he did last night too. if it wasnt an issue nick would have been able to execute better. also some of the most powerful kicks are with the bottom of the foot so not sure what your implying. condit landed the back kick a couple times. also fight metric has it as significant 151 strikes for condit.
    if you call turning your back and running "fighting" then so be it, but i wont buy a condit headline fight ever, ilegal streams for that dude, and i'll pay to watch Nick any day, as long as someone will "fight" him and not run, but of course, dudes are just streight scared to " fight " nick, but they can win point decisions all day, and water down mma

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel"EL DIABLO"Diaz View Post
    tldr; condit is a much better fighter than what he showed and pulled a silva to win by points
    Silva only has 2 wins in the UFC by decision, he finishes fights. I think Anderson is more about not taking damage and counter striking, rather than trying to win by decision

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    what ever happend to taking a good old fashion passionate ass whoopin and getting your shoes, coat, and hat tooken lol, no one is willing to take there ass whoopin like a man thease days, and the more money in mma the worse this shit will get

Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    Silva only has 2 wins in the UFC by decision, he finishes fights. I think Anderson is more about not taking damage and counter striking, rather than trying to win by decision
    I meant more in the way that Silva in those 2 fights by decision could have easily done much more but pretty much decided to win by points when we all know he could have done more, just as condit could have fought a little more like when he fought hardy KO him while being hit .Condit had the skill to at least be a little more engaging and show off more but he chose to eek out the decision

If you want to fight for honor or whatever, okay, but most fighters are doing it for a career and they want to win, and I want to see guys fighting to their strengths. Jorge Gurgel has this ridiculous idea that he's gonna stand and brawl to be "exciting". I don't respect that attitude of purposefully fighting dumb because you think getting hit proves you're a man.

I personally look up to the guys who takes the least punishment. That to me is what combat sports are all about. Who can take the least damage and outsmart their opponent? Who has the wider skillset and is able to implement their gameplan better? That's the guy who blows my mind and makes me go "Damn, I could never do that."

Guys like Nick who are happy to brawl are fun and I love that they exist, but I'll never fault a more skilled fighter for using better strategy to out think those guys and beat them.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    I think some people don't know the difference between a Jose Aldo style rear leg leg kick and than front leg opposite stance bullshit I touched you more times so I won thing that Carlos was throwing.
    This ^

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Nick had 25 mins. To adjust to what Condit was doing an didn't. He could of taken Condit to the ground when he realized he had a beat on him. Sorry but there's more to being a complete fighter than punching someone with your fists. I didn't enjoy the fight all that much...it was kinda boring. I don't like Greg Jackson or his boring strategies. In the end if you don't want boring fights then the fighters need to be more well rounded. There are other ways to win a fight besides punching in the face. Adjust an evolve or get out of the way....

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    condit is a bitch

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast