Thread: Dolce Diet...

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.

Dolce Diet...

I have just recently began (re)reading Mike Dolce's Living Lean. I realized since I haven't been training due to financial and physical constraints blah, blah, blah. Well I have physically healed, the problem now is I am 210 lbs. at 5"10'. While that isn't HUGE by any means, I have gained 47 lbs. in a year, so the added mass is not gonna help me in that division where guys walk around at that with 8% body fat. I am looking to lose about 45 lbs and be around 10-12% body fat so I can compete strong in 2014. Anyone else have experience using The Dolce Diet? Do you feel it works? Did you tweak it to fit your goals (I.e. gluten free, vegan)?

I never cut much weight for Judo, I competed at 143 lbs and weighed 155, cutting only about 4 lbs. before tournament, I am trying get the mechanics of weight cutting down since it is becoming such a crucial part of grappling. Thought?

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Here's my story with the Dolce diet. My senior year in wrestling I wrestled at 182 around 12-13% body fat. I tore the labrum in my shoulder and had surgery and got up to around 200 lbs and probably around 15-16% body fat just letting myself go. That's when I found the Dolce diet and a year and a half later I'm the strongest I've been in my life and walking around at 187 at around 7-8% body fat and shredded and just feeling better than I've ever felt.Never thought I had the genetics to have this body type. This weekend I'll be cutting to 179 for NAGA and the cut doesn't take anything out of me at all. Check out the thread about cutting weight on here they follow Dolce's philosophy with that guide. Wish I knew about this in high school. I also go really low gluten just not enough in any one meal to slow down your digestion. Mike Dolce is the man and he knows what he's talking about.
    Last edited by Nick Paul; 09-30-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    Yeah I am not going to tweak it very much, I am going to do it gluten free since I have read a lot of studies on how being gluten free drastically improves recovery and athletic performance. I also am starting a cleansing program called the Neera cleanse, which is an intermittent fasting program that last 10 days. It will completely empty all the toxins out of my body but the catch is I can't eat for those days. It sounds ridiculous but honestly I come out of it 10-15 lbs. lighter since all the meat and undigested matter in my system. Everything after that I am going to follow to the letter, earth grown nutrients, 2 gallons of water and plenty of sleep and my training regime and we'll see how it turn out, I gave myself plenty of time, it's great to hear and see it from outside sources. I am amazed at a guy like Kelvin's transformation to 170, so I think anything is possible.
    Last edited by Kyle Spalla; 10-01-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Yeah I always feel a lot better when I've been going gluten free (hard to stay away from the stuff). The best part about the Dolce diet is you start noticing the difference within the first couple days. And how dare you call Kelvin Gastelum a girl lol. But best of luck man

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Neera better have live enzymes to break down non-water-soluble toxins, or you're wasting your time and money.
    Look into it.
    No live enzymes = Not worth the effort.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    Quote Originally Posted by hespectnogi View Post
    Yeah I always feel a lot better when I've been going gluten free (hard to stay away from the stuff). The best part about the Dolce diet is you start noticing the difference within the first couple days. And how dare you call Kelvin Gastelum a girl lol. But best of luck man
    Auto correct is a fucker. I just edited it back to super ultra bad ass Kelvin Gastelum. Lol.

Array

School
    Drysdale Jiu Jitsu EP
    What was the name of Dolce's book? I'm having issues staying lean at 33 working midnights.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    Living Lean and 3 Weeks to Shreaded. Great instructional reading, awesome recipes.