Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    she starts banging your friend that trains at the same place to make you jealous?
    Some friend that is, unless he (or she) asks permission to date her first from you.

Or you divorce her and are still her coach? Happened to me.
    Did she just choose to keep wanting to train at the gym and u ended up continuing to coach her?

Array

School
    10th Planet JiuJitsu Winnipeg
    My gf trains together with me aswell as other martial arts in the past and I'm sure theres still lots of students there that don't know were together. I trust the people I train with that know and I'm not really the jealous type anyway if there is some flirting going on or someones in her guard hahaha, If something were to happen then its not ment to be so meh.. life goes on. =)

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    I would say, don't date someone you met at the gym. If you were already with this person it could be OK, as chances are if something happens she will leave the training environment. There is this weird Territorial thing that comes into play when a relationship goes sour. I really don't like my students bringing that vibe up in my school.

Obviously I have no control, nor do I care too, of what they do outside my school, but when everybody is on the mat its jiu jitsu time.

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo

Here's my wife and I doing a judo/bjj demo at the end of a women's self defense seminar. She doesn't surf though. Course, we live in the middle of AK, so that's not really been an issue...

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    Honestly, Jits changed my life completely. Aside from the fact that prior to starting jits, I pretty much went to work, then sat on my couch, repeat x 7 x 365 for years, I never would have met my wife if not for jits. I was on Myspace years ago when Myspace was a thing that people used, browsing through local profiles. Her pic caught my eye and I saw on her profile that she wanted to learn jiu jitsu. I shot her a quick "Hey I saw you wanted to learn jiu jitsu, classes are 6-8 m/w/f come by any time" message. The rest is history.

We work great together, and she is by far my favorite training partner. She does at times get a bit frustrated rolling with me though, and we don't really sub each other these days.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Don't date chicks you meet at the gym. Yes. Agreed, bad idea. And yes at first rolling as a couple can be frustrating bc maybe as a woman you feel like your man is going too rough when really he's treating you like all the other students. My husband got me into JJ after we got married. Was wishy washy for awhile, but now I love it and pursue it seriously. I think its great for your relationship to be able to be physically Agressive with each other and to learn together at the same time. I enjoy it a lot. My husband is my coach as well, but when it comes to JJ he treats me the same as everyone else. Its business. You go about it in the right way, its awesome..Also, I would think it would be best to find an awesome woman that's chill, then show her JJ. Personally, I tried to surf. I'm terrible at it. I tried really hard for sean, but I'm terrified of sharks and deep water so. *shrugs* I'll help with sunscreen and snacks! And I'll sit on the beach for the 6 hours he wants to surf!
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    It seems like the only people who ever make it work had a successful relationship before they started training together.

For me and Lindsey, we were together and happy for several years before we started Jiu Jitsu. We began at the same time as well, so there was the fun and challenge of learning together and starting from zero. I feel like it was an incredibly positive thing for our relationship, and still is.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    10th Planet Wife of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    Don't date chicks you meet at the gym. Yes. Agreed, bad idea. And yes at first rolling as a couple can be frustrating bc maybe as a woman you feel like your man is going too rough when really he's treating you like all the other students. My husband got me into JJ after we got married. Was wishy washy for awhile, but now I love it and pursue it seriously. I think its great for your relationship to be able to be physically Agressive with each other and to learn together at the same time. I enjoy it a lot. My husband is my coach as well, but when it comes to JJ he treats me the same as everyone else. Its business. You go about it in the right way, its awesome..Also, I would think it would be best to find an awesome woman that's chill, then show her JJ. Personally, I tried to surf. I'm terrible at it. I tried really hard for sean, but I'm terrified of sharks and deep water so. *shrugs* I'll help with sunscreen and snacks! And I'll sit on the beach for the 6 hours he wants to surf!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I would love my wife to join BJJ with me just so I can get in more reps at home and so I can feel confident she knows how to defend herself. But she's too delicate. I thought my daughter would be into it but she's not. I was kind of bummed. But such is life.

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    Yeah we've got our daughter in kids judo atm. She seems to enjoy it! I definitely want her to be able to handle herself. I also don't want to push too much on her though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast