Thread: Diabetes

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu

Diabetes

So, I have just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. It's probably been a while coming as I have a strong family history of it and have been known to carry a little bit of extra weight.

Anyone else diabetic on here? Any tips or things I need to look out for?

Array

School
    Combat Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Sorry to hear about that Marty. I'm not personally diabetic, but I have extensive experience with family members who are.

My best advice:

Eat lots of animal protein, lots of vegetables, lots of healthy fats (egg yolks, butter, olive oil, lots of avocado).

Avoid all wheat products, and reduce carbohydrates as much as possible.

Fruits are ok, but limit intake. Avoid fruit juices.

Keep all your food as fresh, organic, and clean as possible. Shop at Whole Foods (or similar) as much as possible.

Avoid processed foods of any kind as much as possible.

Completely cut out any kind of junk food like pizza. Remember carbs are very bad as they trigger a glycemic response. So no pasta... no lasagna, no spaghetti, ravioli, etc etc etc. That shit is poison to you now. Remove it from your diet.

Remove all potatoes from your diet, they contain massive carbohydrate loads.

It should go without saying that candy, soda or anything like that should be avoided completely.

After diet comes yoga. Hot yoga if it's available to you. As many times a week as you can. Minimum of 4.

If you really work at it and fix your diet to be as clean as possible, you can not only control it but reverse the effects. There are many many stories of people who became zealots about their diets who completely removed any symptoms of diabetes.

Just take those carbs seriously, they are nothing but sugar. Protein, veggies, and fats, that's the mantra... nothing else shall pass your lips!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
    This advice probably wouldn't hurt non-diabetics either! Eat real Food!