Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by MWTheory View Post
    I noticed that when I was down in New Orleans a few weeks ago, the poor techniques and fundamentals. Granted, I'm not anyone...but the guards on these so called "Jiu-Jitsu Fighters" were horrid. And some of these guys came out of the biggest "well known" school in that area.
    Interesting! I bet there is a very heavy regional influence to the local skill level.

At least on the competitive level, the overall quality is increasing and I don't see how anyone could argue that it isn't. Competitors are better than ever, and reaching the elite level is becoming harder and harder every year. There are so many top level gyms and coaches. So many kids that have grown up in the sport that are entering adulthood at the super-elite level (The Mendes Brothers for example.) More and more it seems like newer players have no ceilings to their games.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    The problem is also commitment, If your training at a " MMA " school for your jiu jitsu, then chances are your instructor isn't 100% committed to jiu jitsu. Jiu jitsu is " vast and complex " and there are many levels and layers to levels and it's a lot to take in. As an instructor you must be a " student of the art " and " love learning " this is the only way to build a solid foundation for students. Who cares about " fancy sweeps " and " submissions " if your student doesn't have excellent survival skills. To add Branches to a " Tree With No Roots " is like Forcing puzzle pieces into places where they " don't Fit "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123