Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK

Calling All 10P Scotland Warriors!!!

Hello chaps,

I will be making the journey North of the border next Thursday which is the 18th of April to visit my family for a few days. I will be staying in Greenock. I will be pretty busy while I'm up, especially over the weekend but should all being well have all Friday morning and some of the afternoon free.

My question to you guys is, do any of you know anywhere near Greenock I can train on the Friday?

Or even better is there anywhere I can get a 10P roll in closer than Carluke? I know you have a small team out there but Carluke is going to be awkward to get to for me.

Thanks

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Dont know anyone from greenock brotha but johnnie is from paisley which isnt too far away, try hitting him up
    Blue belt under Sean Bollinger

http://www.facebook.com/camcarr93?ref=tn_tnmn

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    I'm in Dumbarton which isn't too far away if there's a car involved lol. Annoyingly though, thanks to uni, I'm only really free to roll on Monday mornings at the moment.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Anyone know of Kickback martial arts/watsons kickboxing in Greenock?

They just posted on Facebook basically saying Eddie would be doing a seminar there this year. The post didn't make lots of sense but it said July 2013 which seemed awful close considering he's just toured the uk. If its all above board then cool, just making sure.

Array

School
    10TH PLANET GLASGOW!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    Anyone know of Kickback martial arts/watsons kickboxing in Greenock?

They just posted on Facebook basically saying Eddie would be doing a seminar there this year. The post didn't make lots of sense but it said July 2013 which seemed awful close considering he's just toured the uk. If its all above board then cool, just making sure.
    Hey Chris, the guy that owns the gym was at our gym yesterday for a seminar with Ross Pearson. I get the impression that he may be slightly naive. I'm not meaning to insult him at all cos he seemed like a nice guy. Before the seminar he was asking the gym manager if Ross Pearson would maybe go to his gym afterward and train some guys of his. I don't think he realised that there was months of planning, emailing, promotion and that we had to pay Ross Pearson and his management company a UFC fighter level fee in order to get Ross to come to our gym.

Also it was announced that our gym (Antonine MMA) would be home to 10th Planet Glasgow. I don't know if he's spoken to Steven or if he's just presumed that if Eddie comes over then he'll just come over to his gym as well.

I may be completely wrong and that he's sorted it all out with Eddie overnight. If so I apologise for my naivety

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    First off whoevers gym is the blue one has a fantastic setup not often do I envy another gym as ours is pretty dope, but that place is stunning.

Ive emailed him and he emailed me back, fb is a hard place to seperate the chancers sometimes and he seems like a nice enough fella just probably has no idea of how much effort becoming an affiliate takes. Its a hard line to tread sometimes, the whole point of our glorious 10p movement is to bring good ppl together, and still at the same time the effort we put in to rep correct is unreal at times and so its only natural to begrudge any random gym spitting Eddie's name without paying their dues.

Hopefully if he is interested in doing right then he will invest time energy and love the way all Eddie's loyal affiliates do.

How are things going for you lot anyway mate, 10th Planet Glasgow promises to be a big player, 10th Planet UK takeover is underway..

Array

School
    10TH PLANET GLASGOW!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    First off whoevers gym is the blue one has a fantastic setup not often do I envy another gym as ours is pretty dope, but that place is stunning.

Ive emailed him and he emailed me back, fb is a hard place to seperate the chancers sometimes and he seems like a nice enough fella just probably has no idea of how much effort becoming an affiliate takes. Its a hard line to tread sometimes, the whole point of our glorious 10p movement is to bring good ppl together, and still at the same time the effort we put in to rep correct is unreal at times and so its only natural to begrudge any random gym spitting Eddie's name without paying their dues.

Hopefully if he is interested in doing right then he will invest time energy and love the way all Eddie's loyal affiliates do.

How are things going for you lot anyway mate, 10th Planet Glasgow promises to be a big player, 10th Planet UK takeover is underway..
    The blue gym is the one I work in. It's the Antonine Mma which will be home to 10th Planet Glasgow. I feel so fortunate to work there because the facility is really amazing and everyone works hard to make it a great place to train. We only opened the MMA area in October and we've already had Dan Hardy and Ross Pearson up for seminars. Dana White kindly donated the UFC Nottingham canvas to us which has now been signed by Dan and Ross and now we're honoured to be the home of 10th PlanetJJ Glasgow under Steven Thompson!

Steven came along to the seminar yesterday with John Allen and they were repping the 10th Planet gear. Kevin the centre Manager made the announcement at the start of the seminar. At the end of the seminar and during breaks people were asking Steven all about 10th Planet and he was showing people some of the magic! Everyone was really impressed and I've got tons of positive feedback from all the grappling regulars. I have a good few guys that already train with us who will all be transferring into Stevens classes plus some of his Carluke regulars will hopefully make it through as well. Plus we have Johnnie mcintyre and David Ogg from the forum that we hope can join us too plus any other forum guys from scotland. Also some of the Judo regulars from our gym have been enquiring about it too so I think it should really take off.
    Steven is a great coach and grappler and we're so happy to have him teaching us. The gym is completely dedicated and committed to making the 10th PlanetJJ Glasgow as big as possible. Everyone is more than welcome to come and train with us at any time.

Getting back to James, I do think he's a nice guy but I don't know if he has grasped the fact that Steven has trained so hard for so long to make all of this possible. When you talk to Steven or roll with him you can tell within minutes how passionate he is and how knowledgable he is about everything 10th Planet.

10P4L!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    You know it dude

Array

School
    10TH PLANET GLASGOW!!
    [QUOTE=Paul Hughes;168225]Hello chaps,

I will be making the journey North of the border next Thursday which is the 18th of April to visit my family for a few days. I will be staying in Greenock. I will be pretty busy while I'm up, especially over the weekend but should all being well have all Friday morning and some of the afternoon free.

My question to you guys is, do any of you know anywhere near Greenock I can train on the Friday?

Or even better is there anywhere I can get a 10P roll in closer than Carluke? I know you have a small team out there but Carluke is going to be awkward to get to for me.

Hey Paul. I wanted to message you before but I didn't want to say anything before the official announcement! But you're welcome to come over to our gym and train with Steven or John if you can sort something out. The rest of the guys at the gym are decent grapplers but we're still very raw in the 10th Planet System! hope this helps you!

Array

School
    10TH PLANET GLASGOW!!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ogg View Post
    You know it dude
    Wooooo hooooo! Looking forward to rolling with you buddy!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast