Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Striker Fight Center

Understanding Prison Guard

Can someone explain exactly what proper Prison Guard positioning is? I understand Homie Control, with the leg over the back and the foot touching the knee to form a pyramid while maintaining an over-under grip on the side of the opponent's head/neck. I hear the term Prison Guard used in conjunction with Homie Control, but even after watching MTS I can't quite understand what perfect Prison Guard looks like. Maybe I just missed it..

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Sbardella MMA/Black Tie BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    About as good as it gets right here! lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    We can write paragraphs and show tons of pics and vids, but if you want an effective prison guard: You need to visit your nearest official moon, and pay the certified 10pjj instructor to give you a private lesson on the prison guard. Better yet, start training there regularly. Prison guard is more than just 1 position, its a whole guard game.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    What county does she work for? I'm headed there to commit a crime!

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Prison guard; Butterfly+Full Guard+Rubber Guard. If you have a solid grasp on those first 3 guards, you will benefit the most from Prison Guard IMO as it is a hybrid guard that includes elements from each of those. The first "trip wire" in the prison guard is the basic buttefly sweep using ur one butterfly to elevate to the opposite direction and using ur homie control to take out the base or direct the upper body as needed. Once that's tested, the most popular and IMO lucrative path, is straight to the back using your deep underhook from homie control to slide over(Koala Bear style, shout out to Melbourne, lol) and turn your homie control into over-unders on their back without ever breaking your grip. Your leg is already on the back, under-hook side, so you just slide your hooks in and voila, let the RNC parade begin! If both of those options get shut down, you can isolate the arm you have trapped into either; an arm-triangle off your back(gotta have SQUEEZE), an EZ New York(Rubber Guard), OR you can transfer it all over to a swim move if your a fucking ninja That's my take on it, I love it, use it all the time, you have to change it up at HQ where everyone knows the same shit and how to neutralize and reset you and...zzzzzz, aim for the head, go for the throat...

Array

School
    Striker Fight Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Compella View Post
    Prison guard; Butterfly+Full Guard+Rubber Guard. If you have a solid grasp on those first 3 guards, you will benefit the most from Prison Guard IMO as it is a hybrid guard that includes elements from each of those. The first "trip wire" in the prison guard is the basic buttefly sweep using ur one butterfly to elevate to the opposite direction and using ur homie control to take out the base or direct the upper body as needed. Once that's tested, the most popular and IMO lucrative path, is straight to the back using your deep underhook from homie control to slide over(Koala Bear style, shout out to Melbourne, lol) and turn your homie control into over-unders on their back without ever breaking your grip. Your leg is already on the back, under-hook side, so you just slide your hooks in and voila, let the RNC parade begin! If both of those options get shut down, you can isolate the arm you have trapped into either; an arm-triangle off your back(gotta have SQUEEZE), an EZ New York(Rubber Guard), OR you can transfer it all over to a swim move if your a fucking ninja That's my take on it, I love it, use it all the time, you have to change it up at HQ where everyone knows the same shit and how to neutralize and reset you and...zzzzzz, aim for the head, go for the throat...
    Thanks brotha..that's the explanation I needed. I didn't have a clear understanding of what Prison Guard actually means (ie. a series of positions, tactics, and techniques, rather than a single position). I am familiar with the options and attacks from what is shown in MTS, but this extra bit of explanation helps clear things up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Compella View Post
    damn, now thats dropping knowledge!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    homie control is the mission control of prison guard. Homie control can lead you to the back, swim move, new jersey, new york, butterfly sweep, arm triangle, locked shoulder, & inverted arm bar. It is a system that all clinchers must master, I go to homie control VERY often in my rolls
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Favorite place to go to homie control is from half guard. So easy to get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast