Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    Not at all, I like the High standards. It will mean more to me when I get promoted. I will know I earned it

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    keep it the way it is, the harder it is to make black the stronger the system will be and people will have to respect it when they have their butts handed to them by a 10pjj black belt (or any other belts for that matter).

speaking for me and my son we have put up with lots of criticism, disrespect and out right hatred because we chose to be apart of 10th planet and i still would travel across the globe to train with eddie.

eddie, sean, jeremy, ryan, ricco and many others from the 10th planet family have given so much support in helping my son achieve his goals, i cant even thank you all enough.

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    Don't change a thing....if they cant meet those requirements then honestly they shouldn't be running a school.

Array

School
    DeSouza Dojo
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    The 2 best ways I can think of to promote without any doubts or questions is by 1. competing or 2. by coming to HQ where I can roll with you and see you how you handle HQ purples, browns and blacks.

I am happy that you all agree that that these 2 options insures the integrity of our system.
    Eddie !!! I agree 100% with you. We have to show our dedication. I am coming to HQ next year. I heard from Jay Chow and Ramone that visiting HQ it's a "must" if you want to be good, and you feel it when you roll with them.

As it should be
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

it fair for sure if it were easy everyone would do it. It should be as is because people have to work hard and know that when it happens they earned it
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Thank you guys for the feedback.

I feel that I am being pretty damn fair here.

No one will ever question your promotion when you are competing and posting your matches on this forum for all to see, like Red, Yockel, Valdez, Dewitt etc.

Also, no one will question your promotion if you come to HQ and hang with guys at the belt level you are trying to reach, plus you will be rolling with me a bunch as well so I can personally see where you're at, I roll with everyone that comes thru HQ, EVERYONE
    I'll never forget the first time I took one of Eddie's classes. It was at 10th P. Burbank, when they were still changing over to the new Legends. I was used to black belts only rolling with other black belts, or brown belts (and maybe a couple other friends), but definitely not some random new kid. Anyways, after the technique instruction everyone was getting water or grabbing their mouthpieces getting ready to roll. I didn't know anyone so I was just chilling, and then all of the sudden Eddie comes up and asks, "Wanna roll?"

After I tapped Eddie out five times in a row... j/k. Let's just say I felt bad that I wasn't giving him any competition! lol It was an honor to roll with him, and I was very impressed on how cool he is about rolling with ANYONE. Once I started training at HQ, I saw more of the same. He rolls with everybody. (A lot of the times he'd even roll with me after we'd already gone 6 - 7 minute rounds!)

Just want to back up what you said Eddie, and thank you for being so cool!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Hey Guys. Here's the thing. In asking his affiliates to compete, Eddie is in a way encouraging them to put their asses on the line. This is hard. Not everyone likes to compete. There is no easy way about it. You cannot bullshit this. So, either you don't compete for whatever reason, OR you do compete. Now if you choose to compete, you wanna start showing some good results at some point. But the burden is on you to make those results happen. The end result is that to stay afloat, YOU HAVE TO BECOME BETTER. You have no choice. If you want to do well in competition, you are forced to up your game. I can personally attest that there is no better way to improve then to compete. You and your students will be better for it. It is definitely the Hard Road, and probably not for everyone. Having said that, I am just about 42 years old and I can guarantee that no one here has a lower back that is as problematic as mine. I can barely bend down to tie my shoes (no joke). Yet, I force myself to train hard and tap out my younger and stronger students. You have no idea how hard this can be for me. But, this gives me the confidence to go into battle in competitions. If I can do it......I hope you take my words as encouragement.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I knew you would agree with my rules, you have always been one of the hardest working, one of the most dedicated instructors in 10th Planet history. You have produced quite a few phenoms like Scott Yockel, the rising 10th Planet superstar
    First of thank you Master Eddie for kinda words and taking notice to the hard work I have put into learning the system. Its gonna help me stay motivated for my fight this weekend. As far as the promoting goes, if you want it bad enough you make it happen. I remember talking to Dan Gable along time ago. He told me that if its easy, it isnt worth doing! You should earn things and not take the easy way out. Master Eddie please keep things the way they are! I'm trying to make it out to HQ after my wedding next yr.

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    The 2 best ways I can think of to promote without any doubts or questions is by 1. competing or 2. by coming to HQ where I can roll with you and see you how you handle HQ purples, browns and blacks.

I am happy that you all agree that that these 2 options insures the integrity of our system.
    yes eddie rolls with everyone, he even rolls with my son. a lot of adults do not like rolling with kids.

alot of black belts like to pick and choose who they roll with.

a place in vegas where me and my son used to train the black belt instructor never once rolled with me and he would love to roll with my son and egg him on making fun of my sons rubber guard.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast