Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Now I want to work some gogo reps

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    The problem with all of these variations of the choke are he has a free hand. An highly experienced grappler will find a way to open an artery. Mainly what was mentioned about pushing your leg out, not down. Next, this goes back to basic fundamentals of a sub, you must control his hips. Example: There was a YouTube vid of a "Indiana necktie". This was the nastiest meanest choke ever!! But it had no control of the hips.. Success rate on white belts: 95%,success rate above blue belt: 0.1%. It proved to be ineffective because you commit all 4 limbs to his neck. Your choke breaks the same rules. Give a purple belt a free hand and 100% freedom o hip movement, he escapes every time...

With that said, Keep up the good work man and please continue to think outside the box, guys like you are what helps grappling. evolve.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottRay View Post
    The problem with all of these variations of the choke are he has a free hand. An highly experienced grappler will find a way to open an artery. Mainly what was mentioned about pushing your leg out, not down. Next, this goes back to basic fundamentals of a sub, you must control his hips. Example: There was a YouTube vid of a "Indiana necktie". This was the nastiest meanest choke ever!! But it had no control of the hips.. Success rate on white belts: 95%,success rate above blue belt: 0.1%. It proved to be ineffective because you commit all 4 limbs to his neck. Your choke breaks the same rules. Give a purple belt a free hand and 100% freedom o hip movement, he escapes every time...

With that said, Keep up the good work man and please continue to think outside the box, guys like you are what helps grappling. evolve.
    The right leg is blocking the free arm..How are you suppose to even push the leg out? With your neck? Or do you mean before the transition to the Logeoplata, where hes blocking the Gogo?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I imagine you would switch to the straight jacket instead if they push the foot out rather than down to block the Gogo. At least thats what I would do if thats what theyre feeding you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    He doesn't need to extend his arm to "push the foot out", simply brace against it and angle around, he has all the hips he wants. You have a triangle on his shoulder, more like a omo-plata.. he will roll if you do not transition to a jiu-claw, perpendicular jiu, or omo very quickly..

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    ScottRay give it a try, the gable grip along with triangleing the legs makes this a very tight position. I'm sure there is a way to counter and defend this but I have been having a lot of success with this technique on good grapplers; whites (of course), blues, and a couple purples. That being said there are some guys who escape it or defend it well, just like with any technique!

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Just to be clear, since you can't tell "tone" on text. I am not trying to go against anyone or cause a debate, he ask for input, I gave him mine and encouraged him to please continue with his great ideas. . These were just my personal opinionated technical analysis of the move. . And as with all opinions, especially random forum guy such as me, they all stink. Trust me if it ends up being a great move, I'll be happy to admit I was wrong and add it to my game. . I'm gonna look at it tonight for sure..

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottRay View Post

I think there are exceptions to this hip rule. Check with Cody McKenzie.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    We are liking this a lot. Thank you Logan and all the rest of the variation of this move.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I just watched your vid a couple more times.. Just trying to help you out my friend.. but if you can get your knee there, you need to take the traditional triangle. Second, and again, only positive criticism here but if you can land that incorrect Kung fu move on your opponents, then I imagine you can land anything you want from rg.. I'm still looking at it tonight tho..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast