Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin
    Managed to get Gunshow to Dead Orchard without any drilling against one of our better guys in the gym today. Thanks so much, Ben, for the instagram instructional - the transition from Rubber guard feels so natural and once it is locked in having that arm to play about with setting something up is amazing. Now to start drilling and getting it tighter.

Array

School
    KJJ
    Starting to really dig the transition to Hindu control from failed Mission Control (i.e. when guys stuff the other leg, then start passing Mission Control) - works like a charm in halting the pass.

The one problem I'm facing there though, is that the Hindulotine seems pretty difficult to finish with a gi (at my gym, we train 2/3 gi, 1/3 nogi), mainly because of the lapels being in the way + extra "bulk" meaning less space to slot that left hand in.

Are there any other finishes/sweeps that can be done in that position?
    The only finish I've found so far is the Stock (which is surprisingly easy to setup from a failed Hindulotine), but a sweep option would be an awesome addition.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    Managed to get Gunshow to Dead Orchard without any drilling against one of our better guys in the gym today. Thanks so much, Ben, for the instagram instructional - the transition from Rubber guard feels so natural and once it is locked in having that arm to play about with setting something up is amazing. Now to start drilling and getting it tighter.
    Awesome. I love gunshow, I typically use it more than hindu control.

Quote Originally Posted by mountveggie View Post
    Starting to really dig the transition to Hindu control from failed Mission Control (i.e. when guys stuff the other leg, then start passing Mission Control) - works like a charm in halting the pass.

The one problem I'm facing there though, is that the Hindulotine seems pretty difficult to finish with a gi (at my gym, we train 2/3 gi, 1/3 nogi), mainly because of the lapels being in the way + extra "bulk" meaning less space to slot that left hand in.

Are there any other finishes/sweeps that can be done in that position?
    The only finish I've found so far is the Stock (which is surprisingly easy to setup from a failed Hindulotine), but a sweep option would be an awesome addition.
    The stock, 100%, triangle, dead orchard and dead orchard leaving the arm in (becomes a choke).

I've never trained in the gi so I can't help you there. Just thinking about it though, try and choke with the lapel while in hindu, either hand. But you're on your own there.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Next Generation Ballymena / 10th Planet Ronin
    With the Gi on from Gunshow control, a good choke to go to from there would be (assuming left leg is up), keep your left arm grip (the Gunshow) tight and then come underneath with your right arm to the opposite side of their neck and reach in deep thumb first and grab the Gi lapel and from there, finish it off as you would a lapel choke

Array

School
    Well just tried it there, hard to get the room to get the hand in, seems best just to grab the lapel normally as far up as possible and pull it across for the finish

Array

School
    Relson Gracie SC
    Great Instructions Ben!!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Ben, if you are open to suggestions: I'd love to see a more detailed video on finishes from Gun Show. A break down of getting the Dead Orchard from Gun Show and so on would be amazing. Obviously, I realise your time is tight, I thought I'd take a chance and ask though. Thanks so much for what you've already put together.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul McKeown View Post
    With the Gi on from Gunshow control, a good choke to go to from there would be (assuming left leg is up), keep your left arm grip (the Gunshow) tight and then come underneath with your right arm to the opposite side of their neck and reach in deep thumb first and grab the Gi lapel and from there, finish it off as you would a lapel choke
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul McKeown View Post
    Well just tried it there, hard to get the room to get the hand in, seems best just to grab the lapel normally as far up as possible and pull it across for the finish
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin.Turbeville View Post
    Great Instructions Ben!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    Ben, if you are open to suggestions: I'd love to see a more detailed video on finishes from Gun Show. A break down of getting the Dead Orchard from Gun Show and so on would be amazing. Obviously, I realise your time is tight, I thought I'd take a chance and ask though. Thanks so much for what you've already put together.
    I would be putting out more vids, I had some planned, but I broke my arm and am now recovering. I won't be able to make any vids for a bit.

Here is a thread on the gunshow though where I did do a short video giving some details.
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...ntrol-question
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    10WO
    I showed a couple of guys at the gym this, and actually had some success with it, albeit on guys slightly smaller than me. Sorry if this has been asked in the thread, but do you typically keep the Hindu control series for guys your size or do you hit it on guys who have a size advantage over you as well? Also, that sucks about your arm, what happened?

Array

School
    Great job on the instructional by the way Ben

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast