Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    i am disappointed to hear that he said this. i have met him and was really impressed with him, and obviously he is a fantastic grappler and teacher.

in my opinion, the way ryan teaches this particular aspect of the game is inferior to the way eddie teaches it. that having been said, there are still some good details regarding angle and timing that i think those of us under the Master level could learn a lot from.

let's make the HALL vs PROKOPOS fight happen!
    Gotta concur again.

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I'm not saying Ryan isn't an awesome grappler, he definitely is, but for him to say that Denny isn't at his level should sound preposterous to anybody that knows the game
    Im so happy I decided not to go train at 50/50 jiujitsu after all Ryan Hall although an awesome grappler has lost alot of respect from me as a person cant stand people that talk shit like that.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMike2k9 View Post
    While it is true Ryan goes straight to the back, I think you may be confusing him with Jeff Glover when you say his game is based on the half guard. Jeff's game was/is famous for the deep half. Ryan has started doing the deep half a lot, but I haven't seen much of him in the basic half guard, except in the older days when shooting for a triangle from the overhook half guard.
    I'm not confusing him with Jeff Glover, lol. I meant his "entire" game in the sense that, of his half guard game, he plays traditional style and not a lock-down style. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Ryan turned down a super fight with Denny last month, he said that Denny isn't at his level. Yeah, right dude. Denny won the Nogi Worlds as a brown and placed 3rd as a black the very next year, plus he won the gold at the IBJJF Nationals and the FILA Worlds, AND he's the first 10th Planet black belt. Not at Ryan's level??? All 10th Planet family members should take offense to that. Ryan got 3rd at ADCC because Leo Viera and Rany both bowed out of the competition and never won the Nogi worlds, him thinking Denny is not at his level is ridiculous.
    I was already offended about what he said on The Triangle DVDs and the discussion with him didn't make it any better...
    Yes, he's arrogant as hell. As a grappler you definitively can learn from him, but that's pissing me off.

The last time I was upset like that when Sean choked out Ryan Couture and the referee called them out for a third round.... grrrrr... *deep breath*

Well... I hope Denny will rock the competition even more and then he'd be the one saying Ryan Hall is not on his level

[QUOTE=nabbflax;26648]
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMike2k9 View Post
    Most of Eddies game is stuff he has from other styles of grappling like sambo, judo and wrestling that he has worked into his bjj game and named for his system.
    That makes it NOT a 10th planet technique. You only say it's a 10th planet technique because he renamed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Elizondo View Post
    Im so happy I decided not to go train at 50/50 jiujitsu after all Ryan Hall although an awesome grappler has lost alot of respect from me as a person cant stand people that talk shit like that.
    I'm sorry, you didn't go to train at 50/50 because he's got an ego? Really, you would rather train with someone who isn't a world class grappler because they have a little bit better of an attitude?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    [QUOTE=Robert Kipness;27015]
    Quote Originally Posted by nabbflax View Post

That makes it NOT a 10th planet technique. You only say it's a 10th planet technique because he renamed it.
    Some tekks Eddie came up with on his own are similar to Sambo or Judo techniques but there are a large number that Eddie developed that are complete innovations on his part and now people like Ryan are teaching them without giving credit where credit is due. Eddie always gives credit when he picks a tekk up from someone. Love em or hate em, it's as simple as that.

I don't train solely in 10th planet, but I am very familiar with the system. What techniques did Eddie come up with? Just curious, not trying to hate. Oh and I'm sorry, Eddie didn't invent the "twister roll". He refined it with the lockdown/grapevine but to say he came up with that is being naive.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kipness View Post
    I don't train solely in 10th planet, but I am very familiar with the system. What techniques did Eddie come up with? Just curious, not trying to hate. Oh and I'm sorry, Eddie didn't invent the "twister roll". He refined it with the lockdown/grapevine but to say he came up with that is being naive.
    There are too many to name. Read through his books, he describes how he came up with most of the tekks, who he learned them from or who he borrowed from. I think he gives some of his students credit for some too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kipness View Post
    I'm sorry, you didn't go to train at 50/50 because he's got an ego? Really, you would rather train with someone who isn't a world class grappler because they have a little bit better of an attitude?
    +1. As much as we learn to leave the ego at the door, it's important to know that many if not most top-level competitors have plenty to go around. I'm fine with that, but I guess that's a decision everyone has to make on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    There are too many to name. Read through his books, he describes how he came up with most of the tekks, who he learned them from or who he borrowed from. I think he gives some of his students credit for some too.
    I do hate how people say Eddie claims to have invented all of these things when in fact Eddie gives out credit for just about everything.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast