Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    There are too many to name. Read through his books, he describes how he came up with most of the tekks, who he learned them from or who he borrowed from. I think he gives some of his students credit for some too.
    I know he gives credit if he can remember who he gets it from. He said he got the lock down from an old judo guy he knew and etc. etc. I've read his books and seen the two videos he's put out.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMike2k9 View Post
    +1. As much as we learn to leave the ego at the door, it's important to know that many if not most top-level competitors have plenty to go around. I'm fine with that, but I guess that's a decision everyone has to make on their own.

I do hate how people say Eddie claims to have invented all of these things when in fact Eddie gives out credit for just about everything.
    I've spoken with people who train at 50/50 and they say when he's teaching he has no ego and is a phenomenal teacher. If Marcelo Garcia wasn't one of the humblest guys in the sport and he was a dick, still being who he is as a grappler, would you pass up the opportunity to train with him?

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    In Pablo Popovitch's new DVD set NoGi Exposed he teaches some lock down techniques. I know eddie didn't invent the lock down but 10th Planet is the only system of jiu jitsu that I've seen use it. This just shows that even if these guys aren't giving Eddie credit for his innovations in the sport, his innovations are changing the game and the way it's played and taught. That can't be denied by anyone.

VOLUME 5: UNDER AND OVER SERIES
    2. Lock Down Control
    3. Lock Down Possibilities

VOLUME 10: HALF GUARD SERIES
    6. Under Hook to Lock Down

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    i am disappointed to hear that he said this. i have met him and was really impressed with him, and obviously he is a fantastic grappler and teacher.

in my opinion, the way ryan teaches this particular aspect of the game is inferior to the way eddie teaches it. that having been said, there are still some good details regarding angle and timing that i think those of us under the Master level could learn a lot from.

let's make the HALL vs PROKOPOS fight happen!
    +1
    Lets Make it happen, then Denny can make Ryan eat those words!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    I would love to see Ryan Hall roll with some of your brown belts or black belts for that matter. Please make it happen at the next nogi tournament Ryan enters.
    Id like to see a match between him and Scott Yockel (purple belt) from 10th planet Rochester.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    Kind of reminiscent of the nth planet stuff from Drysdale. I think Robert is an awesome grappler but the RG stuff lacks large, like he was just trying to capitalize on the new thing ....

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Maxwell View Post
    In Pablo Popovitch's new DVD set NoGi Exposed he teaches some lock down techniques. I know eddie didn't invent the lock down but 10th Planet is the only system of jiu jitsu that I've seen use it. This just shows that even if these guys aren't giving Eddie credit for his innovations in the sport, his innovations are changing the game and the way it's played and taught. That can't be denied by anyone.

VOLUME 5: UNDER AND OVER SERIES
    2. Lock Down Control
    3. Lock Down Possibilities

VOLUME 10: HALF GUARD SERIES
    6. Under Hook to Lock Down
    The Lockdown Popovitch is talking about is double underhook side control.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    [QUOTE=WhiteMike2k9;26694]
    Quote Originally Posted by nabbflax View Post

Don't know what to say. Nice reply. Ryan is obviously evolving. He placed 3rd at ADCC and is the only person besides Cobrinha to score on Rafael Mendes and not be submitted.

Bruno Frazatto beat Rafael Mendes on points ADCC trials 2007. It's actually won of my favorite matches. You can find it in google videos.

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kipness View Post
    I'm sorry, you didn't go to train at 50/50 because he's got an ego? Really, you would rather train with someone who isn't a world class grappler because they have a little bit better of an attitude?
    Ive trained at a school with worldclass instructors who have competed at Abu dahbi and all the big name tounaments but Ive also seen and experienced hate and persecution because I used techniques like the Rubber Guard and Lockdown in those same schools because of their "egos" and although you can and will gain knowledge from people with this type of attitude it makes the entire experience a bad one. I will never put myself in that type of position again paying money to someone only to get treated with a negative stigma for useing 10th Planet ish Id rather take the 2 hr drive out to the nearest 10thPlanet school and learn from them. Honestly Ive trained at quite a few 10thPlanet schools and I have never had anything but a great expeprience with people that are totally open minded that embrace anything that works and that is why I am happy with the choice I have made.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    The Lockdown Popovitch is talking about is double underhook side control.
    I got ya. I just got the set and haven't spent much time with it yet.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Maxwell View Post
    I got ya. I just got the set and haven't spent much time with it yet.
    His inside underhook, forearm on pelvis side control has been a real game changer from me. It makes getting to knee on belly extremely easy. It's also easy to transition to Twister Side Control from there and it's a few steps away from the Elvis Armbar. Here's my favorite chain from that side control. It goes: Popovitch Side Control-> Knee On Belly->Slide Knee Onto Shoulder->Extend Leg Out forward so the inside arm is isolated-> Hook the inside of the with the foot-> Underhook the inside Arm-> Finish the transition the top side Elvis Arm bar

I'm not big fan of these guys, but this is the only Elvis Armbar I could find on Youtube. I pull this armbar off alot from modified Scarf and the chain I was trying to describe from above:

Oh and sorry about hijacking the thread on Ryan Hall and how everyone seems to think he's a douchebag.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast