Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

tournament results..

I just competed in my first tournament (ohio grappling challenge).. I entered intermediate no-gi. (I probably should have done beginner seeing as though my training comprises of me watching these videos online lol.) but anyway, i walked away with silver. My cardio got the best of me and i couldnt move my last match lol. But anyway, the videos will be up soon. And also, I forgot the name of my first opponent, but i know he was 10th planet from around indianapolis. So if you are on here i just wanted to say you are by far the strongest kid i've ever grappled at my weight. I've NEVER even come close to having that much trouble trying to break someone down. So kudos to you.

Array

School
    Tim Burrill Jiu Jitsu
    congrats man! my first tournament i got third. I had such an adrenaline dump that by overtime i was dead. still second is pretty awesome when you train from videos only!

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Small world. I was there too!

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    niceee!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    Small world. I was there too!
    yeah i just read your post Jon. Was there anymore 10th planet there? i only saw the one kid i faced.. i wish i would have known there was more. And where do you train? i dont think theres any 10th planet schools in ohio but im close to indiana so im looking for one not too far away. I heard theres one in indianapolis but thats too far for me to drive.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Spicely View Post
    congrats man! my first tournament i got third. I had such an adrenaline dump that by overtime i was dead. still second is pretty awesome when you train from videos only!
    yeah thats the same thing that happend to me. I went into the last match dead. he went straight to mount and i was too tired to buck him up. I actually tried reaching up and grabbing his shoulder baiting him to go for an armbar just so i could escape to better position, but his coach caught on and told him not to go for it bc i was tricking him.. dang him lol. But overall it was a great experience. I think im going to train cardio non stop until the next one and just throw my hat into advanced. Im ok with getting my butt handed to me if it happens. If i win great if i lose thats more holes i can find in my game.

Array

School
    N/A
    i was there too. bronze in intermediate 170. what weight did you compete?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    i was 139 and below.. but you may have grappled my friend luke. he was skinny and had shaggy hair and a white t-shirt. same weight and class as you

Array

School
    N/A
    i rolled with someone in a white shirt, i got him im an arm bar

Array

School
    Indianapolis Carlson Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    hey wud up dog. im the guy you trapped in the triangle!!! why, i oughta!!!! but any that was beginner level. but yeah that shit was funny man, im decked out in 10th planet and you pull off rubber guard. the night before the competition i learned an armbar escape where you stack and start yank'n the arm out. i just find myself asking why the hell would i try and do this in competition after only repping it 3 times!!!???? and then i realized that i did this move in the wrong damn position. i cant believe i did that in crackhead control STUPID STUPID STUPID on my part. thank you for making me pay for my mistakes lol makes me better ya know so watch out. lol jk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast