Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flexibility?

Array

School
    I don't train but want to

Flexibility?

I'm not flexible in the least, and was wondering if it is better to work on flexibility before starting BJJ, or should I just start and use BJJ to improve my flexibility?

Start BJJ now. Immediately. Think of it as a rush to get to a cactus and chop it open for the holy water used to slay zombies.

Array

School
    I don't train but want to
    Thanks Don I'll get started right away. I'm in North Caroline and After I've trained for awhile I'll come to Tennessee and see If I can take ya( I highly doubt it but I'll give it a try). Thanks for the advice brother. Time to slay some zombies!

Start now as doing 10th PJJ will increase you flexability anyway. The amount of people that say they will come to my school once the get fit or flexible is insane. Just go get beat up for a few weeks and in a few weeks time you will be fitter and more flexible anyway. Also i wouldnt start off going straight for invisible collars and other moves with a good demand for felxability, get the basics down first and you cant go wrong.

Also welcome to the forum

Array

School
    Titans MMA Halifax, NS, Canada
    Try to put some time aside each day to do some stretches. Especially the day's you don't train. I find after a shower is the best way to get you warmed up before you stretch.

any free time you have use to stretch use it. watchin tv, studying, whatever.

think of it like the holy trinity-strength/endurance, technique, flexibility. take any chance you get to sharpen any of the edges of that triangle.

shawn-that idea is sick. I never thought of that

Quote Originally Posted by JRRhoden View Post
    Thanks Don I'll get started right away. I'm in North Caroline and After I've trained for awhile I'll come to Tennessee and see If I can take ya( I highly doubt it but I'll give it a try). Thanks for the advice brother. Time to slay some zombies!
    Where in NC are you?

Array

School
    10th Planet Sherman
    Id be careful. Trying out rubberguard with little flexibility may cause problems. I've heard about some messed up knees as a result.

Array

School
    Titans MMA Halifax, NS, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by zaya View Post
    any free time you have use to stretch use it. watchin tv, studying, whatever.

think of it like the holy trinity-strength/endurance, technique, flexibility. take any chance you get to sharpen any of the edges of that triangle.

shawn-that idea is sick. I never thought of that
    Thx

I shower before every class, not just to be nice to others... it's one of those little tricks I've come across that makes the world of difference.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Lately I've been enjoying stretching out in the sun. If you live in a place that's warm like I do, it's nice to take my mats outside and lay out in the sun while stretching. The sun warms up your muscles and loosens you up, and you also draw energy from the sun when you're laying out. I can get another inch of 2 of flexibility just from being in the sun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast