Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Ronin & Project: Cauliflower Ear
    I'm coming off a very similar injury. In June I got stacked up while rolling and got a shooting pain down my neck and arm, that went away fairly quickly. I didn't think much of it and let it rest for a couple of days. Over the next few weeks I was getting numbness in my left hand. I finally went to the chiro and got adjusted two days before a tournament, which wasn't smart. The relief was immediate, numbness went away. Later that night everything in my neck and shoulder seized up and I was getting deep constant shoulder pain from the brachial plexus being pinched. The next week was pretty horrible. I continued to use chiro treatments for the next week along with ice and message. I'm lucky because my fiancee is a message therapist and in PT school. It took about 6 or 7 weeks before the shoulder pain went away and that was with a consistent diet of mobility, ice and message. It was another 4 weeks before I could get back on the mats or in the gym. I'm finally back to feeling 100% and training again for tournaments in December and January. If you want to know any specifics on the rehab, just let me know.

Array

School
    Ronin & Project: Cauliflower Ear
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Yeah, it's weird. But inverting definitely relieves the pressure. Plow stretch is another thing that feels great. But I don't know if I'm exacerbating the problem by doing these things. I should clarify that there is almost no pain at all; just a strange numb sensation.
    Mine started with just the numbness also.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    So everybody here uses chiro? I have been in the past, and it helped some with a different injury. I hear everything from they are quacks to they are miracle workers. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Please share your chiro experiences, good or bad.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I wouldn't be one the mat if it wasn't for my chiro. He also works on my fighters, and gets them back into action fast!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Brandon, Hit me up asap. I know a few different options!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Chiros haven't worked for me at all. My back is complete death. Chiros have given me no relief whatsover. I recently started taking Diplofenac. Wish I wouldn't have to take any medication, but it works.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    So everybody here uses chiro? I have been in the past, and it helped some with a different injury. I hear everything from they are quacks to they are miracle workers. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Please share your chiro experiences, good or bad.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    Ok brotha here is the deal with chiros, I have been to 7 different ones. Only one of them was able to help me. I would go anywhere from 1-3 times a week depending on how bad I was. He literally kept me walking. The others did nothing for me. I guess moral of the story is have an open minded 10P style chiro and you may be alright. First you need to go see a dr and get an MRI before you get anything done IMO. It's good that you are not having pain but in the event whatever is going on gets worse you could have everything from electrical pain to constant muscle spasms. I have constant spasms from the ass cheek all the way into my calf. Please man go get seen by a dr.

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    I had 2 disc buldges in my c4 & c5 last year. Tons of pain in my mid back right below my shoulder blade and numbness in my right arm and fingers. Went to a Chiro for a while and it helped a little.

The best things that helped me were doing a daily ritual of these McKenzie cervical neck retraction exercises

and fixing poor posture.

Good luck.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Like Woolsey said it, it took me several attempts to find the right Chiro as well.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    For any pinched nerve issues. Dr. Graham Louisville, Ky. 502-500-7888
    He will work with you if you don't have insurance and usesa computer controlled device to free up/twist/manipulate individual vertabrae. If you have
    insurance get an mri to take with you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast