Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu

Has anyone ever seen this move?

Pardon the Gi, but has anyone ever seen this move?

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Dang it, maybe this link will work:

Mikael Chay

Yup, seen it in an instructional video by Javi Vasquez (although he starts his from bottom side control, instead of the set-up from guard in your video):

If you like this kind of sneaky stuff, then you're going to love this thread:

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...ybody-got-some

Enjoy!

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Awesome! Thanks, Mikael!

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    I learned it from Javi a few years ago now and use it a lot! I've been calling it the Javi Hook when I teach it to my guys. There's a ton of variations and subs from within there as well...especially if you roll them all the way over to their stomach.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Javi's set up is slick.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    The issue with the set up in the Judo match is its completely obvious that they guy that got caught, has little to no skill on the mat, which happens often in with Judo black belts. Not all mind you but its the norm. They lack of attention to newaza in Judo use to disgust me, I was very lucky to have found the coaches I had in Judo over the years.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Meek View Post
    I learned it from Javi a few years ago now and use it a lot! I've been calling it the Javi Hook when I teach it to my guys. There's a ton of variations and subs from within there as well...especially if you roll them all the way over to their stomach.
    Hey uh.....could you make a video? You're a purple moon head so you have the green light from Eddie. I'd love to see this. I actually "play" bottom side a lot. I let my guard get passed usually to conserve energy because I have a few reversals and sweeps from there so I'm never worried about being on bottom side. So adding this would be excellent.

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Meek View Post
    Brilliant! Thanks for the feedback, Gary!

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    The issue with the set up in the Judo match is its completely obvious that they guy that got caught, has little to no skill on the mat, which happens often in with Judo black belts. Not all mind you but its the norm. They lack of attention to newaza in Judo use to disgust me, I was very lucky to have found the coaches I had in Judo over the years.
    I noticed that too! What rank did you get to in Judo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast