Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Tires? That's one way to soften a hard osoto gari.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Ya, maybe i have been watching to much of his GI matches. Like when he steam rolled everyone at the SF Open.. i need to check out his nogi stuff
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    It also could be that i love cobrihna... and rafa has beat him alot
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    It also could be that i love cobrihna... and rafa has beat him alot
    I love Cobrinha also, and he's probably in my top 5 favorites. I think it says a lot that he has neck and neck matches with Rafa and he's a good 10 years older. I think he'll be 35 this year? He's still clearly the 2nd best Featherweight in gi and no-gi IMO. Besides Rafa he can strongly beat anyone and he competes with the young guys in Adult. I was happy he won ADCC last year because that was the only major title he didn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    Ya, maybe i have been watching to much of his GI matches. Like when he steam rolled everyone at the SF Open.. i need to check out his nogi stuff
    You should be able to see most of it easily. He only competes at ADCC and hasn't done no-gi worlds since brown belt. I think he did another Abu Dhabi tournament no-gi a few years ago. But most of his no-gi stuff is between 3 ADCCs. He pretty much submits everyone until he always meets Cobrinha in the finals. Check out his ADCC matches against Justin Rader. Rader's a beast and he takes him out in about 1 minute each time.

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Check out his ADCC matches against Justin Rader. Rader's a beast and he takes him out in about 1 minute each time.
    while i'm not the biggest fan of rader i really felt for him in each of him matches with rafa. he gets completely crushed each time they have met up. mendes ran a COMPLETE CLINIC on him at adcc 2011.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    while i'm not the biggest fan of rader i really felt for him in each of him matches with rafa. he gets completely crushed each time they have met up. mendes ran a COMPLETE CLINIC on him at adcc 2011.
    Rader is a beast, i think he is the only guy who has great wrestling and does not stall all the time. Unlike AJ Agrazam, he goes for the kill. He is still pretty young tho so he could get to the point where he can hang with Rafa.
    Sombody sent me the video of him rolling with Jake Sheilds NoGi. now that shit was impressive, he completly shut down Jake who out weighs him by alot.
    I dont take my statement on rafa being that i dont think he is talented. for some reason i just am not a fan of watching his GI stuff, to bad he competes 80% of the time in the gi
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Same with the Miayo brothers, i cant sit through a whole match when they compete in the gi, but Joao's match with Rader in ADCC was awesome
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Great guard passing defense. Rafa just defends and defends and waits for the right time to attack :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin
    Really big fan of Rafa and it inspires me to see him shutting down such big guys in sparring on his site.

On a side note: I wonder if Rafa watches Eddie's MTS... When watching Mendes Brothers online tutorials I am sure they use a lot of similar phrasing - 'smash' is the most apparent

Array

School
    Ronin
    Question for those with better understanding and higher belt than I:

What is it that Rafa is doing that is stopping Galvao go for his feet? I see that Rafa's body is too far away and that he is masterfully using his legs to stop Galvao passing, but being on his back so much he looks prime for ankle locks? Is it just that Rafa is so quick pulling them back, Galvao has experienced his defence so doesn't bother or something else?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast