Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas

Questions about knee trouble

I'm having trouble getting to my feet. When I'm sitting or squated down and trying to get up, I feel tenderness on the back of my leg, behind the knee. It's like I can barely move it when getting up, and feels like I have trouble supporting weight. Once I do get up, I still feel a little tenderness, but I can walk just fine. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this trouble, what it is, and what to do. Thanks.

Array

School
    10th Planet Eugene
    My knee got hurt during rolling so I have a brace i got from walmart on mine.The heat seems to help it. If it doesnt help or clear up i would go see a Dr.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Sofia Hotbox
    John , it depends on how this happened! It could be the miniscus when you feel the pain while sitting or squated down. The best way to understand is to go and see a doctor

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I've personally never heard of pain like that behind the leg. I'd get it checked out. In the meantime I'd stay off of it and try to restrict the movement of the leg in case it's a tendon issue.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside, California
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hickman View Post
    I'm having trouble getting to my feet. When I'm sitting or squated down and trying to get up, I feel tenderness on the back of my leg, behind the knee. It's like I can barely move it when getting up, and feels like I have trouble supporting weight. Once I do get up, I still feel a little tenderness, but I can walk just fine. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this trouble, what it is, and what to do. Thanks.
    I wrestled in high school, in the Army and some in college, played 6 years of tackle football plus worst of all I'm a judo black belt.
    Believe it or not knee injuries are some of the most prevelant in Judo. Sometimes I felt like my knees had been through
    a pencil sharperner after judo practice. I seen guys taken away in ambulances from Judo competitions. Tying to find and old
    judo player without knee injuries is rare. Any way the human knee was not made to bend certain ways. You have to take time
    off if your knees are bothering you. Also do leg extensions on machines and so on and so forth to make your knees stronger.

Array

School
    Shayne Simpson MMA
    I've been having exactly the same problem. Please post if you find anything out!

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Morgan View Post
    I've been having exactly the same problem. Please post if you find anything out!
    A buddy of mine that's an EMT said it might be a strained ligament. Told me to take some ibuprofen and ice it whenever possible. I'm trying not to go to the doctor, because I can't afford it right now. Can't afford to get hurt either lol. if I hear anything though, I'll let you know, and you do the same, man.