Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Army Combatives, Gracie Academy
    i dig my elbows into the thighs, and put my hands on there belt line, it is really painful, and usally uncross there legs and you are free to pass, by taking one leg and coming up though the crotch and then drop your knee to the mat, works a lot for me unless i am battling someone, who has some massive strength, but even still it works most of the time. Oh you have to be postured up for this when i start to pass though i come down close to my opponet it helps keep base

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    thanks for the pointers. gotta love this site ^^

Array

School
    Ground Control Baltimore City
    Just make sure if you are doing a traditional guard pass to keep his hips flat on the mat and immobilized. You'd be surprised how many people forget this detail in the heat of the moment and can't get out of guard.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    My favorite guard pass is a combination of a boston crab and a cartwheel, no bull shit. I don't have a name for it. I guess well call it the Lucca : )

Array

School
    Boxing Works
    Nabbflax

Try
    http://www.grapplingarts.net/passingguard/about.html

It'll give you all the basic concepts and ideas, then you can go about tweaking them for no-gi/10th Planet.

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    Some times I actually just shoot my head in giving my opponent a gilliotine while stacking him cause I have pretty good defence for the chocke then and it usually gives me a free hand to work on a weaker guard, but I wouldnt do that against someone with a wicked gillotine tho

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123