man that was serious! congrats!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Nice stuff man! doin it real

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    wow amazing...what was that move? That looks like you are forcing the other guy to do the split. Is that consider a leg attack? Is that legal for a kid to do in competition? A lot of competition that we go to, kids can't attack the legs. Does this work with someone that can already to do the split?

Its a hip attack called the electric chair. It can be used as a sweep if the guy doesn't tap.

Array

School
    But is it LEGAL for kids in competition (NAGA or grapplers quest)?? I teach this to my daughter also, before we knew what it was call because we were trying to find ways for her not to get smash by the bigger boys while she get them in half guard. But we only use it as another way to go out the back door, never as a sweep or a tap out like this.

Naga just says no twisting leg locks. Its not a leg lock so i think your good.

http://nagafighter.com/index.php?module=rulepage

GQ says only children advanced can attack the lower body but only reference ankle locks toe holds and heel hooks...so you are prolly good in the advanced div at GQ.

http://www.grapplersquest.com/event-rules

It's always a good measure to ask the judges at the rule meeting just to CYA.

Array

School
    Thanks Cody for the info. Now I feel sad for the poor kid that doesn't do his stretching when my daughter rip him a new one...lol

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    Its a hip attack called the electric chair. It can be used as a sweep if the guy doesn't tap.
    I thought it was a groin stretch.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234