Array

School
    Hoy's Martial Arts Pedro Sauer Ohio

My Special JJ Project!

Fellow Warriors,

I just got into JJ this past September and my journey has been incredible. I thought that it would be wise to keep a record of all of my matches or any sparring session that starts from a 100% neutral position (i.e. both standing or both on knees). Yesterday, I finally typed it all into a spreadsheet on Google Drive.

One may notice that I have WAY more wins than losses. This is because most of my training has been independent and most of my opponents have been at or below my skill level. I finally found a decent place to train JJ in Cleveland and I will be starting soon so there will be many more losses soon, hopefully!

The order in which submissions appear (including points and forfeit victories) is in the order in which I experienced them, either as a win or a loss. So, Rear Naked Choke is the first because it was my first submission that I ever performed in a free roll, etc. I understand that it does not look as "clean" this way and that there is probably a prettier way to organize it. The reason that I did this is so that I can literally see just by looking at the spreadsheet a visual field of how I am progressing both offensively and defensively. It is easy to see certain trends even in this relatively shallow pool of data.

I plan on doing this for the rest of my life as it literally only takes just a few minutes to update it after a day of training. I think that this will be an absolutely mind blowingly useful and interesting tool in the years to come.

The "Wins" page should come up by default. You can click to "Losses" in the bottom left and switch between them. Both are organized the exact same way.

This forum and everyone involved with 10PJJ has given SO much to me, sharing this is hopefully a way to give a little back. If I can inspire just one person than I have done something. Thank you so much!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&usp=sharing

Array

School
    Any thoughts at all? Has anyone ever considered doing this?

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    An interesting concept... I am shit with computers so i just write things down, not necessarily the submissions i am getting but other things like how my guard passing was, how explosive my butterfly guard was, how that new back take worked out...

I feel it has benefits
    Blue belt under Sean Bollinger

http://www.facebook.com/camcarr93?ref=tn_tnmn

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I feel like counting wins/losses during class might take my focus away from just getting better. Thats just me

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    There is no such thing as wins/losses in the gym, only learning.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    The only way to lose at the gym is by not going! Getting choked out by everyone in class is still a win because your learning.

Array

School
    I echo what Scott and Zog stated. The point of the exercise is to analyze trends and determine what needs to be worked on offensively and defensively.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    You'll never get a true reading on that analysis as the goals while rolling don't always mirrior competition mindset. Especially if you attempt to roll as ego free as possible.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Main takeaway I got from that, is you desperately need to go somewhere better. If you've only been training since September, you shouldn't be that far better than your training partners.

Hopefully your new place is better, Cleveland should have plenty of better gyms.