Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by velebrzB View Post
    wow thanks guys for so much input...sounds like the guy is worth checking out if im ever in the vicinity...

I asked because I immediately smelled BS when some guy was talking to me how world class grapplers even brazilians and fighters even today go train with him and his guys, and he dropped some names which made me like, yeah sure bro. I guess it was some poetic embellishment
    I would gladly suggest you tell him he is bullshit, he will then ask you which leg you like better. Than remove the use of it from you. Gokor is a bad motherfucker. Anyone that Gene LeBell say is legit, trust me is legit.

Sam Sales

Was it Gokor or Gene LeBell that showed Eddie the lockdown? Am sure it was one of those 2.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Shit. Even his name is cool. Gokor.

It's in league with Conan, Thor, Ares and the like.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Gokor also has some of the best instructionals out there definitely worth investing into

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Gene Lebell = Godfather of Grappling. Gokor = top Gene Lebell student. Yea, he's legit. Gene still pops into his classes and is there for in-house tournaments. I've trained there several times, with a young Ronda before the UFC fame and rolled with Gokor personally, he has a deep appreciation for martial arts. I met up with Rick there before, we threw each other around and twisted each other's feets, good times My old sensei Benny Urquidez even teaches out of his gym(last I went), which shows you the roots he's apart of. If you don't know who Benny is, go look him up. Damn, I'm a lucky guy, to have all these legends available locally; small world really.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    Gokor also has some of the best instructionals out there definitely worth investing into
    I agree. His Leglock Encyclopedia is awesome
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by velebrzB View Post
    wow thanks guys for so much input...sounds like the guy is worth checking out if im ever in the vicinity...

I asked because I immediately smelled BS when some guy was talking to me how world class grapplers even brazilians and fighters even today go train with him and his guys, and he dropped some names which made me like, yeah sure bro. I guess it was some poetic embellishment
    There probably wasn’t even any embellishment. That’s the same gym Gene LaBelle is out of as well, so two legends there and a myriad of fighters. It wouldn’t surprise me no matter what name you said dropped in. Legit.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Compella View Post
    Gene Lebell = Godfather of Grappling. Gokor = top Gene Lebell student. Yea, he's legit. Gene still pops into his classes and is there for in-house tournaments. I've trained there several times, with a young Ronda before the UFC fame and rolled with Gokor personally, he has a deep appreciation for martial arts. I met up with Rick there before, we threw each other around and twisted each other's feets, good times My old sensei Benny Urquidez even teaches out of his gym(last I went), which shows you the roots he's apart of. If you don't know who Benny is, go look him up. Damn, I'm a lucky guy, to have all these legends available locally; small world really.
    Yup Compella, Benny is still there.. very unassuming person at glance, but watch out!!
    it was fun when ya rolled through. they have an appreciation for our style for sure.
    See ya soon brotha.
    Rick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12