Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu

Yooper hotbox/ US Muay Thai 7-1 in the cage last night

awesome seminar yesterday with Eric "red" Schafer. He worked with us on some butterfly stuff and a sweet no-gi baseball bat choke that you all must learn. I have been trying to figure this out for years, a Red and his group not only figured it out but have several comp wins with it. Red was gracious enough to roll with us afterward and despite my rib fracture was able to roll with him very well.

3-1 mma in the cage and 4-0 Muay thai in the cage. one via RNC, one submission via killer repeated knees, one via knee injury, and the loss via armbar.

Next up Derek Stewart seminar April 26th

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Already used the choke in training since the seminar and had to let go because I could feel my partner going completely limp. He had no clue he was about to sleep. That baseball choke is incredible! :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    I love the nogi baseball bat choke...one of my favs from side control. I like the nogi version so much that even when I'm in the gi, I use the nogi grip. I changed the grip style though to what I like to call the golf grip. When Derek was out here last, we declared it the Hawaiian Choke based on the grip and homage to Prof Wally Jay. Would love to see how Red puts it on!!!

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Gary, I think Stan and one of my guys Scott, are going to midwest training camp. I'm sure they will spread the knowledge.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Outstanding! Wish I could make it up for Derek's seminar...love it when he teaches the Muay Thai as well. A lot of folks don't realize he's a very well-rounded martial artist and his skills standing are just as good as his skills on the ground. You're in for a treat!