Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul

Got to roll with a Rickson Black Belt...

say what you will about the gi, but that dude would've smashed me six way from Sunday
    with or without that piece...I was seriously impressed.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Just thought everyone needed to know.
    lol

Black belt is well, a black belt. Alot of places have a day or two where they roll without a gi, and I have never met a single person good with it on who sucked with it off. For sure some guys are better with it/without it, but for the most part, if you are honestly good at grappling, and a BB is, you are going to do well with it, or without it.

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    Black belt is well, a black belt. Alot of places have a day or two where they roll without a gi, and I have never met a single person good with it on who sucked with it off. For sure some guys are better with it/without it, but for the most part, if you are honestly good at grappling, and a BB is, you are going to do well with it, or without it.
    This is a true...my money would go on a blackbelt doing jiu jitsu in the gi for many years vs. someone blue or white doing no gi and less then a couple. Plus, most class schedules i've checked for bjj schools that offer the gi will have a day of no gi and even a judo day. So there's evolution going on. no gi is great for mma but you gotta consider too using someones jacket or clothing to your advantage in a street brawl, even most of the time they take it off before the fight starts ;-/

Quote Originally Posted by lates85 View Post
    This is a true...my money would go on a blackbelt doing jiu jitsu in the gi for many years vs. someone blue or white doing no gi and less then a couple. Plus, most class schedules i've checked for bjj schools that offer the gi will have a day of no gi and even a judo day. So there's evolution going on. no gi is great for mma but you gotta consider too using someones jacket or clothing to your advantage in a street brawl, even most of the time they take it off before the fight starts ;-/
    IME not evolution, its always been this way at alot of the BJJ places, or at least has been since I have been involved with BJJ (since '97).

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    IME not evolution, its always been this way at alot of the BJJ places, or at least has been since I have been involved with BJJ (since '97).
    been a whitebelt since 97 ? :S

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    I started bjj under Rodrigo Vaghi, a Rickson black belt in St. Louis. He is a bad mo fo! and a great guy

Quote Originally Posted by nabbflax View Post
    been a whitebelt since 97 ? :S
    no.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schuettenberg View Post
    I started bjj under Rodrigo Vaghi, a Rickson black belt in St. Louis. He is a bad mo fo! and a great guy
    Vaghi is an ANIMAL. He's been to our gym for a few seminars.

Array

School
    Great White BJJ-Wausau Wi
    Try rolling in street clothes(I have),it is not a gi!

I think an experienced (10 years plus) grappler in any discipline is a beast to roll with.