School
    10th Planet Sylmar/ JJBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrad Mckay View Post
    deeeeeeep hook son.
    +1

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    It is a great option and it works great if you are good at knee bars. It was shown to me by Tristian Connelly from 10th planet victoria (submissions 101). I use it when I feel like mixing it up, or just feel like a knee bar.

1. Keep your deep hook
    2. bring your right leg up and stick your butterfly hook in close to groin
    3. Abandon the hook and swing other leg between his legs behind butt, leaving your butterfly hook in place for leaverage
    4. Use it on newbs until you get good at it.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Man, so many better options to master before thinking of this imo. Proper armcrush, d-bag, x-break, silverado, thread to triangle. Knee bars are easier to defend than all of these,

Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ

That's a pretty cool option

Hey man that looks pretty sweet.
    I agree that practicing proper tech above all else is key to MTS but as a man who likes to transition to a leg attack I love it.
    I'll be trying it next time I stuff my hook up from the Spider-Web.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Man, so many better options to master before thinking of this imo. Proper armcrush, d-bag, x-break, silverado, thread to triangle. Knee bars are easier to defend than all of these,

I agree with the first part, though personally I like grabbing legs.

I think I remember Rigan showing a toe hold off of spider web, which is a smoother transition than straight to the knee bar, and then a series of counters and re counters involving various leg locks and the boston crab.

Array

School
    10th Planet, Victory Belt Publishing
    I am currently stationed in San Diego, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gibbs View Post
    I agree with the first part, though personally I like grabbing legs.

I think I remember Rigan showing a toe hold off of spider web, which is a smoother transition than straight to the knee bar, and then a series of counters and re counters involving various leg locks and the boston crab.
    Do you have any idea where i could find a video of these?

Array

School
    10th Planet, Victory Belt Publishing
    I am currently stationed in San Diego, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Daly View Post
    I'm not entirely sure that you would necessarily want to set something like this up. If you think of it as a knee bar from a failed spiderweb (as opposed to arm crush), then I think you may have something. Seems to me like a "uh oh, I'm going to lose the deep hook, what can I salvage from this?" type of move to me.
    Thats what i was thinking TBH, I mean it can be used pretty much anywhere in the spiderweb, but i noticed it from the arm crush so i wanted to hurry up and tape it so i could get it to yall and get some feedback.

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    Anyhow, nothing wrong with mixing it up, your game is your game. There are basics that should be learned, but if you want to spend time mastering this go for it. Eddie spent alot of time with the twister when I am sure some thought he should stop messing around with that crazy submission.

Point is what you add to the flavor of your game is what makes it unique and unpredictable, 10th planet in its own right already is, but not to fellow 10th planet practitioners.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123