Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At a crossroad

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by leach_jeffrey View Post
    Guys, I may get flamed for this, but whatever....

I've read a couple posts like this in the last month (guy has shitty job, nothing going on, money problems, etc. and likes 10th planet and will move across the country to train).

I encourage you guys to consider attending college in addition to training 10th Planet. You guys are young and have a long future ahead of you. It'll be very tough to make a living in Jiu-jitsu, even if you have the talent and drive to reach the top of the sport, an injury could derail you. If you get an education, it can never be taken away. Develop your mind and your body.

If you excel in jits, then a business degree will help you build a profitable school. If jits becomes more of a passionate hobby, then the education will allow you to pay for training while also supporting yourself and maybe a family. If you showed the same drive for your studies that you do for jits, then I'm sure you'd be successful.

And please don't cry about being too poor to attend school, get a loan. The additional money you make will allow you to pay them off.

You may be expecting too much from Jiu-jitsu if you think it's going to turn your whole life around.
    i guess i should mention.. I have already went to college. And graduated. I wasnt just throwing all my eggs in one basket. And absolute worst case scenario.. My mom works at miami university so i always have a free ride there if things go south. But i figure I would rather first pursue my dream of doing jiujitsu, and if it doesnt work out.. i can go back to school for something i like (i actually plan on trying to eventually open a jiujitsu gym on top of teaching at a school) so i dont want it to sound like im saying "screw planning ahead.. lets just assume we can all make careers out of jiujitsu and not have a back up plan" I'm just saying before someone settles for a job they dont want.. you might as well try doing something you love first. Just because most of the time once you get a career.. its going to be hard to pursue jiujitsu as a full time job just because you then have to mold a schedule around your work and make time to train and all that. not that its impossible.. just harder.. so it would make more sense to me to get your jiujitsu goals set up, and THEN set up your secondary job around that.

Array

School
    Gracie 601 Meridian,MS
    Nola is a big city why no jits schools or even a 10th p school? Im sure nola could support it.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Moving out of state to train at a 10th Planet school is incredibly flattering to me but make sure you got a tight financial plan as well, you gotta be ultra smart about it
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/New Orleans
    Thanks Master Eddie, and thats my biggest concern, I know if I do move out of state to train finding a job is the most important thing on the list so I can pay the bills and afford to train!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Moving out of state to train at a 10th Planet school is incredibly flattering to me but make sure you got a tight financial plan as well, you gotta be ultra smart about it
    so in other words.. i need to start buying more than one lottery ticket at a time to increase my odds. got it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12