Array

School
    KCBJJ

Guard Pass Counter to Back Control

I saw this technique video and though it's a gi technique it looked like it could be modified pretty easily for when somebody passes the bottom leg while you are in New York.

I think that if you imagine New York as the setup, and then a hip heist in place of the belt grip that you could have a viable recounter on a guard pass. Anybody do anything similar to this before?

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    I can't see how you could set this up from NY... but it could just be me not visualizing it right.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Aw shit.. you're right. I missed the leg position. This is more for like a shitty triangle attempt... argghhghg...

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    I thought the same thing about the shitty triangle lol... but its all good bro, its still a slick gi technique. Too bad I'm a nogi purist.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Well, if the gi no gi issue is the issue, I believe that a hip heist is the mechanical equivalent of the belt grip.

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    I think in nogi it would be hard to execute this particular technique. It seems to me that the guy could posture hard and slime his way out with a limp arm. Also if the guy is wrestling based, he probably would pin the left leg to the mat preventing a hip heist.... but that's just my opinion

I got distracted by the gi and the fact that that instructor just looks like a former student of mine ^^

Array

School
    blank
    i sometimes use a very similar technique off the omoplata and the belt control is crucial. i think it would be pretty difficult to carry this over to nogi but that would be great because its a very nice transition.

all the best!