Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    My money sweep against people that stand out of guard is a modified back sweep. Grab both their ankles, double butterfly hooks, extend your legs. It works on everyone regardless of size and skill as far as im aware.
    Once they fall, bring both your legs to one side, push off their ankles and slide into back control. Or yoi can transition into a double under pass if they give you it.

Array

School
    I meant slide into side control... Who knows though, taking the back coud be possible

Array

School
    CORE MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Abdou View Post
    My money sweep against people that stand out of guard is a modified back sweep. Grab both their ankles, double butterfly hooks, extend your legs. It works on everyone regardless of size and skill as far as im aware.
    Once they fall, bring both your legs to one side, push off their ankles and slide into back control. Or yoi can transition into a double under pass if they give you it.
    Going to try this at training tonight lets open im not to unco!

this is the most basic sweep i know against a standing opponent.

http://www.ultimatejujitsu.com/learn...ab-sweep.shtml

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgardo Paulo M. Cunanan View Post

thats the basic variation.. it can work, but if you ask me it is much more superior to do everything the same, except using butterfly hooks, instead of putting your shins in front of your opponent's hips like that.

i dont know if anyone else does it like i say, or if it even has a name... but its better for several reasons.

one reason is, because it keeps your legs safe from being leglocked. if you have your shins against your opponents hips like that and you lose the control over their ankles, they can easily reverse the position on you by throwing their legs over yours. some people will actually lure people into using this sweep to trick them into putting themselves into a leg lock.
    if you have butterfly hooks instead, though, its impossible to be caught in a leglock when you use this sweep.

another reason that it's superior is because you have much more leverage with butterfly hooks. if you try the basic variation with the shins against the hip, people can try to stack you and if they are big enough, it can ruin the sweep.
    if you use butterfly hooks, it doeskin matter how big the guy is, they wont be able to stop the sweep by stacking as long as you still have control of their ankles.

Array

School
    in fact if you do the sweep with butterfly hooks, you could even follow it up with a leg lock of your own.

ah wait that was pointless.. i forgot i can edit my posts now. ah well

Array

School
    Neil Simkin BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgardo Paulo M. Cunanan View Post

Yeah, that's the one I mentioned earlier. Nothing fancy, but it still works if you're fast enough.

handstand sweep when standing in your guard... x-guard otherwise.. knee bar attempts are pretty instinctive as well and lead to sweeps

Array

School
    Luling MMA / Cedar Creek MMA / Dojo Kyle
    I've been using more Spiral guard? I think that's what they call it like reverse De la Riva in with my x-guard and it's been getting me to back control more and more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12