Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your top 5

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    No particular order:

1. Eddie Bravo. Between seminars and camps he's the black belt I've trained the most with and through MTS and the books he's the one I've learned the most from. My game reads like the pages of MTRG and MTT.

2. Brad Maddox. He's the black belt our school got affiliated with and has been helping me patch the holes in my game that come from being self trained. Also showed me the proper way to wrap hands for MMA and has been helping me be a better coach and practitioner. Super cool and patient guy.

3. Ashley Wheat. Runs a school in TN that I was able to drop in on during business trips. First black belt I ever met and first black belt I ever got to roll with. I showed up in as a drop in wearing a 10P rash guard and he told me to 'rubber guard everyone.' He showed me some tricks to help with my bad knees and also showed me my favorite gi choke, "In case I ever wear a gi." Helped me realize the importance of being active on bottom and keeping my upper body in check during escapes. Really set the tone for how I wanted to be as an instructor and training partner.

4. Chris Herzog. He put my leg lock game on sterioids and his presence on the forum is second to none. Rarely is there a thread he doesn't chime in on, and he rules the hotboxes with an iron fist. With his TWIR series and easy to follow instructionals it's hard not to learn from him. His refusal to accept excuses from anyone is huge. How many times have we heard him say, "If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way."? Modern schools have replaced 'Sensei' with 'Coach' and guys like Zog are why "Coach" is capitalized.

5. Everyone on this forum. Being self taught and with my affilate HQ being hours away it's hard for me to correct my mistakes as they happen, both on and off the mats. This community is tightly woven and supportive of its own. Whether it's seeing the same mistake I get caught in on someone else's video and reading a higher belt's correction of it, watching a new idea or innovation on something classic catching fire, or everyone pitching in to help a soldier in need everyone is there for each other. I learn as much from the white/blue questions as I do the purple/brown/black answers, and learn even more from watching how how the team supports its own and how it repremands transgression. Especally coming from a small town this resource and community is invaluable.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    4. Chris Herzog. He put my leg lock game on sterioids and his presence on the forum is second to none. Rarely is there a thread he doesn't chime in on, and he rules the hotboxes with an iron fist. With his TWIR series and easy to follow instructionals it's hard not to learn from him. His refusal to accept excuses from anyone is huge. How many times have we heard him say, "If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way."? Modern schools have replaced 'Sensei' with 'Coach' and guys like Zog are why "Coach" is capitalized.
    Thank you for the kind words brotha, I'm honored!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123