Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    lockdown over under-> lockdown overhook->93 guard overhook->pyramid

has been my go to since I was shown it by Travis a purple belt at 10th Planet SF. Forgot what we named it might have been T-bag. Once you get the overhook its relatively easy to work onto your side and get your knee in between you for the 93guard. Keeping the overhook and wrist control, From there you have easy access to the pyramid as well as a few other options.
    Last edited by Kevin Gibbs; 08-26-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    i like to go to lockdown,sweep and go for mount..useing lockdown to set up the electric chair isnt bad either

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Combine your stomps with the godfather. Defending one opens the other. They can slice through your stomp with good instep pressure. Then you torque the knee with godfather opening their hips giving you more options and forcing them to defend. If they counter that go back to stomp. Back and forth. Plus during all the shenanigans they might give up the under hook. Take it.
    Listen to Bobby!!! This worked great for me the other night... Bobby knows his shit... He taught it to me just two weeks ago.. Thanks Bobby..

Array

School
    Boxing Works
    Hey Nate,

Forsaken Whip is when, instead of the traditional Whip Up (if you have their Right leg trapped, whipping them to your Right) you whip them to the opposite side first (whipping them to your left) them drop them back on the normal side.

I find it useful when your going for the regular Whip Up, but the guy is driving his weight back across you to the opposite side. You then whip him up the other way and they'll usually start to shift their weight back over you, allowing you to drop them back to your Right, effectively putting you on your side in the regular Whip Up position.

Its a circular motion, and using the Whip Up and Forsaken Whip in combination will usually get you on your side.

Hope that's clear. If not, purchase 10th Planet All Stars. Einstein has a section on it.

P.S Any one know the official name for the Fat Man Whip/Thumbs Up Whip?

Array

School
    Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu
    So if I'm not mistaken, Forsaken Whipping is just whipping them to the opposite side then as their weight is being brought back over you, you execute the regular whip up and go to your side?

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Musick View Post
    So if I'm not mistaken, Forsaken Whipping is just whipping them to the opposite side then as their weight is being brought back over you, you execute the regular whip up and go to your side?
    I played with it today... it was easy peasy. I feel like an idiot for not trying that before.

Array

School
    Boxing Works
    The Forsaken Whip should be one big circular motion, taking them (if you have their right leg trapped) up to your left (like whipping up to the opposite side), over your head and dropping them back on the right. The final position should be you on your side just like the regular whip up.

Use them in combination
    If they are basing across the opposite way when you go for the Whip Up, use the Forsaken Whip. If you are tyring the Forsaken Whip and they base to the right, use the regular Whip Up. If they get stuck on top of you (keeping you flat when you have the underhooks) use the Fat Man Whip.

Just remember with the Lock Down you can
    Bring them on top of you (Whip Up)
    Drag them down or away (extending the lock down)
    Shift their weight left and right (swinging the lockdown side to side)
    Or combine these movements together. You should be able to move them around pretty effectively, either getting to your side and working Boa etc or getting them on top of you and going some sort of Electric Chair path

If I still can't get the guy moving I'll start a Twist Back on their knee and see where that takes me.
    If all else fails, whip to Deep Half.

P.S If you don't have 10th Planet All Stars (for the section on the Forsaken Whip) or Mastering the Twister/Rubber Guard books and DVD, you really should. If you have all these and access to the website, you'll pretty much have the entire 10th Planet System that you can study and review at any time.
    Last edited by David Stevens; 09-04-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234