Thread: My first loss

My first loss

I just suffered my first MMA loss last night. I was working my rubberguard but couldnt seem to get anything off. In the end i was sprawled on from a shot and got peruvian necktied and was submitted. Feeling alittle bit deflated but i think it might be what i needed to get me working some new stuff. After the fight i heard him talking smack about me saying how i was too predictable and i was eager to just go to my back and the play the rubberguard game. To an extent he's right. I've had such good results with it in the past that i tend to give up top position just to attack with the rubberguard. Any thoughts on this? Have any of you guys had the same problem?

Array

School
    Quadrant6 - Jiu jitsu Fight Team
    Yeah I did the exact something vs a BJJ brown belt in a MMA fight. We exchanged punches , I shot in for a clinch , I pulled guard way to early . Got into Rubberguard almost subbed him twice, he got me against the cage passed my guard and for 3 minutes ground and pounded my face lol. I was way to eager to fight off my back without evening trying to atleast wear him down or try stand or bang or get on top. Huge mistake .... since then Ive worked a demon top game but still train have alot of faith in my guard. Most of my sub wins come from the bottom, but I'll only use it if im put there or as a last option.

Array

School
    Youtube
    Some people I dont like to pull rubberguard on because they can in certain ways snuff some of my transitions and submissions from there so I go for side control or mount to submit. Im not in MMA myself but I hope this helps.