Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    This is pretty detailed!!!

http://www.lloydirvinrapetruth.com/

I've heard bits and pieces about this situation, indigent acts happening to girls training there right? Anyone have a link to the full story?

Thanks

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Campbell View Post
    I've heard bits and pieces about this situation, indigent acts happening to girls training there right? Anyone have a link to the full story?

Thanks
    just check the link Jack just posted bro. Everything is documented there. Truly awful goings on.

Just read that, what a horrible guy giving Jiu Jitsu a bad name.

Array

School
    10TH PLANET GLASGOW!!
    I just read it too. I'd heard bits and bobs about it but not in that kind of detail! What an evil guy!!!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I don't think he's giving JJ a bad name really.
    I mean you hear about highschool football/soccer/hockey coaches doing bad things with the kids they are coaching, and that doesn't give those sports a bad name does it?

He's given himself a (well deserved) bad name, as well as anyone who chooses to align themselves with him, but JJ as a whole is not going to get a bad name from LI's actions imo.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Many have come before Lloyd and done some heinous ass shit in all different sports. Lloyd as controlling and fucked up as he is, is just the tip of the iceberg. I've known, and read about many hockey coaches that abused their players sexually, physically, and mentally. You want to hear about a guy that took it really bad and how the coach was a complete piece of shit, read Theo Fluery's book "Playing With Fire" you'll read a story kinda similar to Lloyd's, except this coach was sexually abusing young men, not women.

Either way, Lloyd's name is as good as a pile of shit, and no one with a soul will put it on them and represent them.

Sam Sales

The thing that makes me most sad is just how MANY of the jiu jitsu community will rather ignore and not talk about it. Yeah great idea, lets pretend it hasn't happened so Lloyd can continue to exploit people, make more money and live the good life. But they wont, because them, or somebody they know is in business with Lloyd, so they look past it all for financial gain.
    In the short time I have been involved in this sport this is the topic that annoys me the most. We talk about how jiu jitsu makes us better people, changes people for the better, all that bullshit. Yet a huge percentage of the jiu jitsu community are just letting it slide. All the big names said nothing. Ignoring it and probably telling themselves 'its what is best for the sport', Huh, what about the victims? What must they think? Oh so You can attempt to rape a girl, exploit people on so many levels, do all kinds of fucked up classless beastly shit, and you can still run a successful jiu jitsu/martial arts academy?
    Many of the jj community still following his social media accounts and kissing his ass on those. Just WHAT THE FUCK exactly has Lloyd got to do for the entire jiu jitsu/mma community to turn their back on him? I would seriously love to fucking know? Just how low does he have to go?
    it is fucking insane IMO! People that think money isn't playing a part in this are deluded. Do you think people would just look past it if it was your average joe? I don't.
    For starters ibjjf, naga etc should ban the team (and any affiliates) from competition. That would KILL his business within a few months to a year.
    Last edited by Sam Sales; 05-29-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    I don't think he's giving JJ a bad name really.
    I mean you hear about highschool football/soccer/hockey coaches doing bad things with the kids they are coaching, and that doesn't give those sports a bad name does it?

He's given himself a (well deserved) bad name, as well as anyone who chooses to align themselves with him, but JJ as a whole is not going to get a bad name from LI's actions imo.
    Difference is in those sports, the 'predator' gets completely shunned. Lloyd and his guys are all 'business as usual'. Also you got to be 1 terrible fucking parent to continue to let your child go to one of his 'kids classes' at his gym. I seriously hope that program has fallen apart. Especially as he was having DJ Jackson (convicted sex offender) driving the kids all about. It is such a crazy fucking situation. I cant believe he still has a gym tbh.
    Last edited by Sam Sales; 05-29-2013 at 06:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Has DJ even left TLI yet? I'm shocked he didn't jump ship with JT and Keenan.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast