first post, first tournament

whats up 10th planet homies, first post as well as entering my first tournament in mid may. should be interesting, any tips on the experience??

Go hard, be cautious, and stay calm
    Pretend that nobody is even watching u roll

sounds good thnx man!

Array

School
    Combat Sports Center
    bjj yah? be relaxed don't get nervous, if you lose all thats going to happen is you tap out and don't get your hand raised, no broken noses and horrific scars to go home with. so bear that in mind and don't stress out about it.
    Drill from all your worst positions beforehand too until your confident you can recover to some sort of gaurd or sweep from there. and drill knee on belly, theres a few free points right there.

Take food and drink; more than you think you will need. Be prepared for a lot of waiting, sitting, stretching, warming up, stretching again, warming up again. For example, I arrived at my first tourney at 9:30AM, and because I was only doing no-gi, my first match was not until3:00 PM. I only took a single meal replacement bar. At 3:00 I was hungry, drained, and ready to leave. I was fatigued before my match started.

Array

School
    Hard Knox Combat Club
    Cardio. Cardio. Cardio. I've seen too many guys(myself included) lose because they didn't prepare properly and gassed. Know the point system and the rules, they are different for many tournaments. What tournament are you entering?

steven im only doing no gi too so thanks for that, brent its a small tournament here on kauai called scrappler fest. thanks for all the advice guys much appreciated

Array

School
    Easton
    don't forget to keep breathing
    if you get tunnel vision just listen for your coach's voice
    wear a hash guard
    have fun! it's super exciting.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by rock d View Post
    don't forget to keep breathing
    if you get tunnel vision just listen for your coach's voice
    wear a hash guard
    have fun! it's super exciting.
    Great advice when listening to your coach's voice during rough spots. Does a hash guard protect your hash?