Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    Major bummer that Chael didn't recover from that knee
    Silva rubbing the vasoline on himself, putting his fingers in Chael's face and grabbing the shorts just pissed me off.
    as much as i dislike Jon Jones, i really want him to drop down and fight Silva at a catch-weight or something lol

Quote Originally Posted by Karim Graham View Post
    Major bummer that Chael didn't recover from that knee
    Silva rubbing the vasoline on himself, putting his fingers in Chael's face and grabbing the shorts just pissed me off.
    as much as i dislike Jon Jones, i really want him to drop down and fight Silva at a catch-weight or something lol
    I don't know which one I dislike more. I guess I'd have to pray for a miracle double ko! But I guess then they'd both
    kinda win as well as lose haha

Silva was scared, so obvious he was rubbing vasoline on his body...even so much so that they had to rub it off him before the fight, Chael looked great, now andy cant say that his rib was why he got taken down, Chael took a fresh 100% anderson silva down at his own will and held him there the whole time, Makes me think munoz will have a great chance agaist silva. Obv im a Sonnen fan lol. Anderson is a great champ but the vasoline, grabbing shorts and sholder bump at the weigh ins..theres no excuse for that, talking shit is one thing but to try to cheat and sucker shot an opponent is un called for, And just to throw this out there Id love to see Silva vs Munoz and Sonnen vs Belfort!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Pretty sure Sonnen had a type of body lock during the first round takedown. Did u see silva had lockdown and attempted the fat whip ? He did a good job of not taking much damage. He also stuffed 3 for 3 takedown attempts in the second round

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe
    Shows just how slick Anderson is fake the illegal knee right into the dam sternum! Stopped Sonnen right in his tracks. I knew that spinning elbow looked stupid when they were working it at the open work out...

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe
    25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6tsprOwUN1qf09yvo1_400.gif0.

Check out that angle looks like Silva may have even tripped Sonnen after that elbow attempt.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Campeau View Post
    Personally, I think that fight was a robbery. The ref called the match way too soon. He was still defending, arms up and fully conscious. There was no reason to stop that fight when they did.
    I agree with you. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a "robbery" but Chael was definitely covering up and considering the magnitude of the fight I would have liked yves lavigne to let it go a little longer. I only counted 2 strikes on the ground that really landed cleanly. I'm sure both fighters would have wanted it to go a little longer, Silva would have had his chance to really pound Sonnen like he wanted and Sonnen would have had an opportunity to perhaps survive... win win. As a fan who looked forward to this fight more than any other fight in the 6 years I've been watching UFC, and who paid $55 to watch it, I felt the stoppage was a little anti-climactic. But oh well, I guess that's just the fight game. I just wish the fighters could have a clause in their contract that says "I assume the risk of the ref allowing it to go another few seconds before stopping the fight against me." But I'm sure there's a slew of liability reasons why they don't do that. Plus I'm sure every fighter would sign it, so it would just make the whole sport a little less safe. Anyway, I'm rambling at this point, but there's my 2 cents.

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    it looked worked

chael fell and sat there waiting for silva to come in, like it was in the script and when they showed the close up you can see that none of the punches landed

very disappointing to me

all the hype was just to increase sales and it worked, cause i bought into it

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    With the first angle when he threw the knee all you saw was Silvia's back. I thought it was to the face and wondered why the ref didn't step in. Pin point accuracy by silva and great eyes the ref had to notice it was legal

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Chael sat on his ass, and gave up.

You're not intelligently defending when you curl into a fetal position and put your hands on your head.
    He gave up.

This was more or less what was expected to happen, he charged out in the first round ready to go, and he didn't finish it, and in the second round he couldn't pull off his take downs, which was his only real weapon to beat Anderson.
    Take him to the ground and whale on him till the next round.

I haven't heard a peep from Chael about this loss, and you damn well he would be the first person aside from his die hard fans to jump out and say how Anderson cheated some how.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast