Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    The point is not how much of a nice person he is, the point is that he lied about his rank in BJJ so he could get a rank in 10th Planet.

The fact that he was using the 10th Planet logo on his site is bad enough, but a couple of months back I noticed he'd been grading people. I remember a bit on his site that said congratulations to the gradings some of his guys got. One was: Purple Belt (10th Planet Blue Belt). It meant that he had been giving rank in 10th Planet when he wasn't of sufficient rank, or affiliated.

I'm a 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Blue Belt, and if I were running a school that wasn't officially affiliated, I still wouldn't dare to use the logo. Yeah, I'd say I was a 10th Planet Blue Belt, but the way in which is was used implied that it was an official 10th Planet school.

Hanno said he was a "pending" 10th Planet Brown Belt. He actually claimed this, and Eddie came out and said that he was denied this.

End of the day, it doesn't matter how nice of a person you are, the rules apply to everybody.

EDIT: I watched some Stargate Universe in the making of this post, and Chris beat me to it.

To be honest, I couldn't care if he had a pink belt in ballet !! Hanno is still a great guy and a great teacher. My "ground game" has improved 200% since I started training with him. And yes, I will defend him till the end - maybe because I know him and the person he is. Maybe he was also conned into believing the belt he earned was legit, it was apparently in the USA after all. Maybe he was as embarresed as you were when he found this out and was to shamed to let it be known - this doesn't take away from the fact that he still is a great teacher and was probably the greatest ambassador to 10th Planet in South Africa I've ever met.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    These Cape Town guys are unbelievable. This issue is so black and white it's almost laughable.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    probably the greatest ambassador to 10th Planet in South Africa I've ever met.
    What other 10th Planet ambassadors have you met ANYWHERE, let alone South Africa?

My "ground game" has improved 200% since I started training with him.
    Possibly, but when you started, had you done any BJJ before?

Maybe he was also conned into believing the belt he earned was legit
    See: Brandon Quick. He also said this. I call BS

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    All Hanno had to do was say he was a white belt when inquiring about affiliation and not to advertise as a 10th Planet school when he was clearly not and all of this could have been avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay JC Chow View Post
    What other 10th Planet ambassadors have you met ANYWHERE, let alone South Africa?

Not really - I've only been critisized for using 10th planet teqniques or "10th planet shit" as they call it over here

I trained with another "no Ghi" school who claims to use BJJ as their base

Elaborate please

Quote Originally Posted by Jay JC Chow View Post

Not really - I've only been critisized for using 10th planet teqniques or "10th planet shit" as they call it over here

I trained with another "no Ghi" school who claims to use BJJ as their base

Please elaborate

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Helton View Post
    All Hanno had to do was say he was a white belt when inquiring about affiliation and not to advertise as a 10th Planet school when he was clearly not and all of this could have been avoided.
    This!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Hanno may be the nicest guy in the world but he lied to me and told me he got his bjj black belt in 1997 in New York. He even sent me the certificate but it was for a JJJ black belt. So I asked him again, are you a bjj black belt or jjj black belt? and he insisted that he was a bjj black belt. Then I told him in an email that I would put a hold on his affiliation until I got solid proof of his bjj black belt, but I never did so I decided to not return any of his emails until he sent solid proof. One email after another came, a bunch of emails asking me what I was gonna do about his affiliation and he sent me a bunch of different testimonials from people backing up his character but no proof. So I just ignored every single email hoping he would get the hint that I can't have anyone repping 10th Planet if they are lying about their rank. But he kept sending emails and I kept ignoring them hoping to avoid what's going on now, a public checking.

If he would have just told me the truth about his bjj rank everything would have been fine. Or if he would've just understood that when someone doesn't return any of your emails it means that you should just leave it alone.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Please elaborate

Elaborate on what? I don't need to, the situation is what it is.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast