Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside

I need you guys connection

Hey guys
    As some of you may know I got a gnarly staph infection on my leg :/
    I've been taking basic precautions:
    - showering before training
    - showering after training (10-15min after - time to get home)
    - train with clean/ washed gear
    - clip nails/ toenails
    - hand washing

I've also briefed my guys on the regular about personal hygiene but it seems like it isn't enough...

I'm looking at getting in touch with companies that manufacture soap/ wipes/ whatever for body care so I can have them on site to really push better hygiene practices...

Unfortunately I have contacted such companies in the past and never got any replies from them, I'm guessing due to being based in NZ... I won't name and shame but yeah it was a bit of a let down that's why I hope posting it on a public forum I'll get replies

My gym is running on a tight budget but I'd be more than happy to discuss options. Getting staph is a huge eye opener and scared/ scares the living fuck out of me.

If someone owns or knows someone that owns one of those companies and can help me to directly contact them that would be super awesome.

Thanks

Array

School
    Edmonton BJJ Club / Mundaruca BJJ
    Don't shower BEFORE you train. Knocks out your bodies natural defenses.

Kevin is correct. You need bacteria on your skin to fight staph.

Also don't use anti bacterial soap. It kills ur immune system

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I believe in defense soap.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Madsen View Post
    Don't shower BEFORE you train. Knocks out your bodies natural defenses.
    I've heard this before also.

From what I have read, Staph is pretty much everywhere, even on a "healthy" person. So keeping your immune system in top shape is a plus!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    You are correct staph does live happily on your skin and is dormant most of the time. The doctor told me about it and said that during certain seasons it gets active and would look for any way you give it to get into your system.

The not showering before seems slightly gross since I work all day lol but it kinda make sense lol

Remember guys that my main priority is to get in touch with those body care companies :P

I'm sure someone on the forum can hook me up
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I believe in defense soap.
    This right here.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I left messages with Defense Soap & Super body care. With this thread on their facebook page. So if they show up you can thank me. lol...no thanks needed

Array

School
    products are sold at lots of 'em
    Hello John and everyone!
    Cheri here from Super Body Care...
    Yep those guys are right about NOT showering the entire body before training, but DO advise everyone to wash the hands before training. If you've handled money or gas pumps during the day, they are the top two dirtiest, germiest things, (at least in the states!) Hands are the best vehicle to spread germs so that's why it's paramount that you and your sparring partners have clean hands. John, I'd love to help. I'll send you a direct message. Please become friends with me out on FB too if that's convenient. http://www.facebook.com/MzBomb I'll send you more info through FB, or you can email me cheri@superbodycare.com. The Body Wipes are perfect to get your sparring partners to use. They are very popular with gyms that don't have any showers. Our test results are posted online showing the effectiveness. I understand your gym is on a budget. We'll figure it out and we might have some options! The same goes for anyone on this thread. Please feel free to add me or send me an email. Thank you!! Hope you are recovering well from your skin injury! Sorry to hear. :/

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    SBC gave us some great posters on hygiene that covered washing your hands.

My dream gym has a place to wash your hands (and your feet for sandal wearers) before stepping on the mat.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast