Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skin problem

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    wash it with KD Gold soap. we used it in our dojo and our student use it as well.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    looks like staph. stop rolling at your gym and go see a doctor ASAP

i've had staph that started out as mini pimples before.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post

Yup i could always tell based on the center of lesion, for me its usually a kind of deep white-ish hole. Also it was sore like a motherfucker.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hobart
    Hobart, Tasmania.. The little island south of Australia
    Unlucky... I had Staph about 3 years ago, it definately looks the same the Doc just gave me antibiotics and it cleared up really quickly, definately stop grappling for a bit though and warn your training buddy's to keep an eye out just in case they got it too!
    Best of luck I hope you get it sorted without too much fuss!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem Havok View Post
    definately stop grappling for a bit though and warn your training buddy's to keep an eye out just in case they got it too!
    Well isn't that funny.
    I was just going to ask you guys if I should bandage it/tape it and roll or not. I skipped last night due to a combination of the staph question and I'm nursing a Kimura injury (kind of).

The thing is, I was planning on entering my first tournament on Oct 13th if my deer hunt goes smooth. Should I skip out? I guess it might be healed up by then anyways. I saw my doctor and he prescribed an anti-biotic Fucidin ointment.

This is the thing. I am more than a little bummed. I have three small pimples on my face and I rarely break out with pimples. If I ever do get a pimple, I dose them with high alcohol content liquids like cologne or aftershave to dry them out, but these ones are not drying out or going away. They are not getting worse either. They are just staying there.

The staph on my shin started off like a pimple or an irritated hair follicle. In fact, if you see above the staph in the picture, there is another pimple above it, and that's how it started. I think the other one had staph too, but I think my immune system fought it off.

Now after all this, in retrospect, I am wondering if I had it on my back too. I had a spot swell up like a mosquito bite and get raw, but I dosed it with cologne and it dried up in a week. It was about the size of a nickel. I don't know.

Anyways my doctor took a culture swab and I will get confirmation that it is staph on Thursday, but we both agree that it likely is and he just doing that to have it on record. Funny thing about it; it doesn't hurt even slightly. I think I have some damage to the nerves in my shins from years of kicking though, but still. No pain. Unless I look at it, I would never know there was something wrong.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Where I work I am fortunate enough to have access to a change room and shower, and gym and stuff.
    So I run 4Km every Tues and Thurs at work. I don't like what I see. I can't post pics because don't have a camera on me, but all the surrounding tissue around the open part has urned grey/white. Honestly it looks worse since I started using this creme than it did.
    Is this part of the usual healing process, as far as what you guys have experienced?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I was prescribed pills not cream but day by day the infection/redness/swolleness went down. It's wierd to me that it looks like its getting worse. I would keep a close on it and the rest of your body. Def stay off the mats, if it is staph that's not something to mess around with. Ring worm is no big deal but I'd be pissed if someone knowingly had staph and gave it to me

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    It's wierd to me that it looks like its getting worse. I would keep a close on it and the rest of your body.
    I think it just looked like it was getting worse because I had just finished running only a minute earlier. I run pretty hard and heavy so it might have aggravated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    Def stay off the mats, if it is staph that's not something to mess around with. Ring worm is no big deal but I'd be pissed if someone knowingly had staph and gave it to me
    Noted. Thanks. I guess I won't be rolling that tournament. Fucken bummer.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    yeah I'd def get that checked out asap too.....best wishes!

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Well isn't that funny.
    I was just going to ask you guys if I should bandage it/tape it and roll or not. I skipped last night due to a combination of the staph question and I'm nursing a Kimura injury (kind of).

The thing is, I was planning on entering my first tournament on Oct 13th if my deer hunt goes smooth. Should I skip out? I guess it might be healed up by then anyways. I saw my doctor and he prescribed an anti-biotic Fucidin ointment.

This is the thing. I am more than a little bummed. I have three small pimples on my face and I rarely break out with pimples. If I ever do get a pimple, I dose them with high alcohol content liquids like cologne or aftershave to dry them out, but these ones are not drying out or going away. They are not getting worse either. They are just staying there.

The staph on my shin started off like a pimple or an irritated hair follicle. In fact, if you see above the staph in the picture, there is another pimple above it, and that's how it started. I think the other one had staph too, but I think my immune system fought it off.

Now after all this, in retrospect, I am wondering if I had it on my back too. I had a spot swell up like a mosquito bite and get raw, but I dosed it with cologne and it dried up in a week. It was about the size of a nickel. I don't know.

Anyways my doctor took a culture swab and I will get confirmation that it is staph on Thursday, but we both agree that it likely is and he just doing that to have it on record. Funny thing about it; it doesn't hurt even slightly. I think I have some damage to the nerves in my shins from years of kicking though, but still. No pain. Unless I look at it, I would never know there was something wrong.
    Yeah, after staph I was insanely paranoid about popping anything on my body that resembled a zit. However, once you are loaded up to your gills in antibiotics you can actually lance/pop the rest of those boils and they won't be infectious since the antibiotics are already at work. I actually never popped my pimple thing and it still went staph. I was given antiobotics and told to lance the boil on the 2nd day of treatment since the antibiotics would prevent any further spread of the infection.

Again, consult your physician but you might be able to address those other potential zits safely once you are on meds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast